What does this Italian phrase on my booking mean?

rojojacko

Hi

We have a booking on Sinfonia from Venice to South Africa this October and have pre-paid the drinks package. Looking at my booking the other day I saw that it had the following on the details; ALL-INCLUSIVE RESTAURANT & BAR DRINK PACKAGE A. Il codice già esistente è stato splittato per le crociere fino a 8 gg e da 9.

Can anyone help with what it means?

Also, we are in a Fantastica balcony cabin and have read that we will qualify for anytime dining, can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks for your help.

Rob

MSC has now introduced a two-tier pricing structure for drinks packages. It looks like it comes into effect sometime in October. I have a 9 night cruise in September and it's not in effect then.

The per diem rates will be cheaper on cruises of 9+ days and dearer for cruises <9 days. Basically, the Italian sentence is stating that there will be a different code now to apply to these new rates. It seems that everyone is seeing this on their bookings at the moment - I am, too, for cruises I've booked after the September one.

That is interesting - so they do AI from Venice to Durban but not from

Durban to Venice. Bit difficult to follow the reasoning..

I am probably going to ask nearer the time for someone to try and get pics of the drinks menu on your trip - though it sounds as if they will be different to our trip in April18

If you have not found it the October roll call is here http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2472065&page=2

Aulanis ............. MSC doesn't do all-inclusive when sailing in South Africa. We did a 4 night Durban-Durban (B2B with the repo from Venice). We were told that the South Africans literally drank the ship dry when all-inclusive was available so they only offer packages with vouchers now. This is possibly the reason why they don't offer it on the repo back to Europe - too many South Africans onboard. However, the drinks prices are very cheap - much cheaper than the prices you see on both the Euro priced menus or the US$ priced ones on here. Unfortunately I never took photos of the menus.

And, yes, the drinks menus prices will be different on the way back than on the voyage from Venice.

Thanks Bea and others. I did wonder why the price we paid seemed to be cheaper per day than when we did a seven night cruise, just thought that we had struck lucky!

Does anyone have any idea whether the anytime dining will apply to our Fantastica balcony booking on this cruise?

Rob

Thanks Bea and others. I did wonder why the price we paid seemed to be cheaper per day than when we did a seven night cruise, just thought that we had struck lucky!

Does anyone have any idea whether the anytime dining will apply to our Fantastica balcony booking on this cruise?

Rob

Yes, Rob - it's known as MyChoice on MSC and does apply to a Fantastica booking on Sinfonia. I'm speaking from experience. We had a Fantastica balcony cabin last November on Sinfonia for our 4 night Durban-Durban cruise. The restaurant, Il Covo, will be your assigned MDR. We loved it. We had a fantastic table for two on the port side beside a window. It features on the 360° virtual tour.

http://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/MSC-Sinfonia/en-ie/index.html

Hope you and yours have a great cruise, Rob. It's a fab itinerary.

Here's a tip about the ship. Go up to deck 12. At the forward end of the corridor for the cabins: facing you, there's a door. It leads you right out to the very front of the ship which is a fantastic spot when sailing thru' the Suez canal. It's right next to cabin #1201 which is the one we were in for the repo from Venice last October. There's one on the starboard side, too.

I will add another tip.

Here are the threads for the may cruise Cape town to Venive up the west coast

and the one for next april which is the rverse of yours

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52955705#post52955705

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2420077&page=6

start at post 107 . It is not so much for the cruises but as you are staying some time in SA a lot of the posts by Denfi/Denzil might be of interest. He lives in Capetown and

has a lot of info -.seems to have visited most of SA .