Recommendation for Oasis specialty restaurant

nyllrap

I am sailing on Oasis on Sept. 3, and today received a voucher for a complimentary lunch or dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant. Not as good as an upgrade, but I am pleased, as I was not planning on paying for that on this cruise. I cannot book online, but have to book when I get on board, and plan to do that early. We just have a 90 min drive to the port, and will be getting on the ship early.

What is your recommendation? Right now, any of the restaurants look good to me, but not sure which ones are the best.

Thanks for any help, and happy cruising to you all!

I am sailing on Oasis on Sept. 3, and today received a voucher for a complimentary lunch or dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant. Not as good as an upgrade, but I am pleased, as I was not planning on paying for that on this cruise. I cannot book online, but have to book when I get on board, and plan to do that early. We just have a 90 min drive to the port, and will be getting on the ship early.

What is your recommendation? Right now, any of the restaurants look good to me, but not sure which ones are the best.

Thanks for any help, and happy cruising to you all!

150 park

Why not do both?

I'd suggest using your freebie on 150 Park (since it's more expensive) and doing Giovanni's via FNDR for $15pp (since if you aren't assigned it, it should be easy to switch to given that people who are assigned the more expensive restaurants are less likely to trade "down").

FWIW, here's my review of Giovanni's from last month...

We had eaten at Giovanni’s with the family [in June] and enjoyed it but this time it was exceptional (both the food and the service). DW started with a Caesar salad and then requested the risotto be made without mushrooms. I made my own special request of fried calamari from the lunch menu and then had the pasta of the day, short rib ravioli. Our server, Suriawan, was not only nice but funnier than some comics I’ve paid to see. The chef honored both our requests despite explaining that they didn’t actually have the fried calamari on hand in the kitchen but would send someone to get it if I didn’t mind waiting (which I didn’t and it was worth it). We each had filet mignon for our main courses and it was excellent, even better than last time. It was a truly spectacular meal and we were so full (did I mention the DL hors d'oeuvres were a mistake?) that we had to take our dessert cannoli’s to go. One final nice touch, we could faintly hear the string duo playing in Central Park so Suriawan offered to open the window by our table.

We probably won't do both on this cruise, but will eventually try both since we live so close to the port. I am hoping I like Oasis well enough to go again! Hubby is from Italy, so he may choose Giovanni's. I am probably leaning towards 150 CP.

We probably won't do both on this cruise, but will eventually try both since we live so close to the port. I am hoping I like Oasis well enough to go again! Hubby is from Italy, so he may choose Giovanni's. I am probably leaning towards 150 CP.

I hear ya. Only recommended both since FNDR is so inexpensive.

I fully understand the "being close to the port" aspect. I'm only an hour away and 7 of my 8 cruises have been from PC. Only time we left from Ft. Lauderdale was when my in-laws planned and paid for it. :)

If hubby's from Italy, he may have a different opinion about the Italian restaurant than most Americans will. I'd go with 150. I've read a lot of conflicting reviews about Giovanni's. We're on Oasis Sept 10 and purchased the Ultimate dining package, so we will be trying each of the specialty restaurants.

150 Central Park. Unless you are totally "meat and potatoes, All-American food only" people, I think that you will like 150 CP.

Does 150 Park have two different menus? I have only seen one but saw a reference to a second menu last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does 150 Park have two different menus? I have only seen one but saw a reference to a second menu last year.

150 has changed from the 2 tasting types of menus it used to have... it has a regular menu ll in fact the steak for two was wonderful presentation is lovely and the restaurant itself is elegant.... a nice way to dine..

they no longer have the 2 tasting menus... they have a regular menu including a wonderful steak for two...which we loved... service was great, ambience elegant and a nice dining experience...

We will be on the Oasis Sept. 3rd as well...thinking about doing a couple specialty restaurants as well...was on the Allure last year and went to Chops and Giovanni's...we like both of them...but, it looks like the price of Chops has gone up in price...last year it was $39.00

Agree with everyone's recommendation for 150 CP, it's our new favorite. Both kids 13 and 15 loved it as well.

Piling on here, but one more vote for 150 CP.

It's not listed on the menu but you can also get the 18oz filet for 2 made as a 12oz filet for 1.

:eek: If I knew that, the staff would have to call Medical to wheel me back to the stateroom...

Agree with everyone's recommendation for 150 CP, it's our new favorite. Both kids 13 and 15 loved it as well.

It's not listed on the menu but you can also get the 18oz filet for 2 made as a 12oz filet for 1.

THAT is good information. Thanks. :)

We did 150CP on Oasis this past June and were not impressed. The two people in our group that had the steak enjoyed it, but but the apps and other entrees were blah.

We booked Oasis for next April before the change and are really disappointed in the removal of the tasting menu.

Without a tasting menu, it's kind of hard to see the point of 150 in the line-up of restaurants onboard.

Lacking both a tasting menu restaurant (except, I suppose, the chef's table) and the molecular gastronomy option that Harmony has really leaves Oasis as something of the poor sister in its class when it comes to dining.

Thanks everyone! Most likely we will go with 150 CP. Hubby is particular about Italian, as he grew up in Sicily. We have eaten at Chops a couple of times, so I know what that is like. Too bad the tasting menu is gone, but I am sure we will find plenty of choose from.