Freedom class suite benefits

We will be sailing in the Royal Family suite on Freedom for the Trans Atlantic cruise on Oct 22nd. This will be our first cruise in a full suite. Other than the benefits listed is there anything we should know? I read that the concierge will email you before the cruise - if so, when should we expect to receive this?

Do suite guests pay the new room service fees or no? Will we be invited to anything (bridge tour etc.)?

Just wondering what to expect. Thanks [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be sailing in the Royal Family suite on Freedom for the Trans Atlantic cruise on Oct 22nd. This will be our first cruise in a full suite. Other than the benefits listed is there anything we should know? I read that the concierge will email you before the cruise - if so, when should we expect to receive this?

Do suite guests pay the new room service fees or no? Will we be invited to anything (bridge tour etc.)?

Outside of the list of benefits, which you have, here are the answers to your questions:

You should get your letter from the concierge a week before your cruise.

You should get invitations to a bridge tour and a galley tour.

You will not be charged a fee for room service. Tipping your delivery person is the nice thing to do. :)

... Will we be invited to anything (bridge tour etc.)? ...

I agree that you should be invited to a bridge tour. However, I would ask this very same question to the Concierge once you are onboard, so they know that you are interested, just in case.

Outside of the list of benefits, which you have, here are the answers to your questions:

You will not be charged a fee for room service. Tipping your delivery person is the nice thing to do. :)

Thanks Merion Mom.

And we always tip Room Service:)

Enjoy every second! You got the terse answers to your questions from the usual cc suspects, but now just go with the flow, and believe me, the staff will let you know what is available. And do not be afraid to request what you would like, whether or not it is "on the list"- everyone is beyond friendly and professional, and happy to look after you. Key is to be friendly and respectful (which you definitely appear to be) and you will receive more invitations than you expect- official ones, and the 'not-so-official' ones, that are the BEST! We've had some amazing experiences over the last few years sailing in suites. Would not give them up for anything. So I guess my message is to expect the unexpected, and have an absolute blast.

We were in a suite on Freedom in April and received an invitation to the galley tour, but not a bridge tour. I would have loved a tour of the bridge.

As mentioned earlier, I would not wait for an invite, I would talk with the concierge early in the cruise and mention the desire for a bridge tour.

• 2 months later...

Do these apply to Jr. Suites ?

Sorry to hijack, but we are staying in the Ben & Jerry Suite at the end of next month. Would we also qualify for the tour & the ability or order off the MDR menu for room service?

Thanks!

Jess

No, the only suite perk you get is access to the Concierge/Suite Lounge. You also get one free ice cream coupon per day per guest.

No, the only suite perk you get is access to the Concierge/Suite Lounge. You also get one free ice cream coupon per day per guest.

I don't think I saw this mentioned, but, you get access to the suite beach and a nice lunch on Labadee if you are stopping there.

Thanks!!

I'm not sure that Cigar King means the Ben & Jerry "Sweet". He may just mean the original topic of suite perks.

Oh, thanks for catching that. Yes, I just meant the full suites. My understanding is the sweet basically just gets some free ice cream...which is a nice perk.