Carnival glory

Marcolatin

Sept 2 travel with family. Any ideas open [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to CC - do you mind giving a few more details about your likes/dislikes, family, itinerary, previous experiences so replies might be suited for you rather than just general answers?

I've cruised Glory several times, but I don't know how to respond.

I will be on that sailing as well. I have been on the Glory multiple times as well as this exact itinerary. If you love hanging at talcum powder beaches with crystal clear water, then don't bother with any paid excursions on Half Moon. Just take the tender boat there. It has always been VERY hot there when I go the beginning of September, the water like bath water. It is a favorite beach of a great may cruisers.

Grand Turk- we and the gang head straight through the little shops directly to Margaritaville. It has a super massive pool and tons of chairs, all free for use. The restaurant is there if you choose to eat inside or out, a tiki bar sits in the pool as well. There is an awesome DJ with music to get you in a party mood and they have alot of fun with everyone with some PG/ R rated contests carried out on the pool side. (in my experience, they get a bit more R rated once the kiddies are in school) The most fun is when they DJ pits different ships against each other if there is more then 1 in port. I have a blast there! No tender boat, walk right off the ship.

St Thomas - one of the best priced most enjoyable events is the Turtle Cove excursion, coming in at only $69. Just the catamaran ride to the cove is worth the money. Its a beautiful trip out and back. Open rum punch bar on the way back. Nice idea to bring a few bucks to tip the staff, they are awesome. Saw lots of turtles last year.

San Juan- I stay on board and take full advantage of the pools and hot tubs!

I am a simplistic cruiser, tend to choose hanging at the beaches, reading and pigging out on the warm chocolate melting cake vs spending $$ on excursions, bar tabs and gambling. I love the Glory for her ease in navigating where everything is on board as I am highly challenged as far as direction goes! Have a great cruise!

I will be on that sailing as well. I have been on the Glory multiple times as well as this exact itinerary. If you love hanging at talcum powder beaches with crystal clear water, then don't bother with any paid excursions on Half Moon. Just take the tender boat there. It has always been VERY hot there when I go the beginning of September, the water like bath water. It is a favorite beach of a great may cruisers.

Grand Turk- we and the gang head straight through the little shops directly to Margaritaville. It has a super massive pool and tons of chairs, all free for use. The restaurant is there if you choose to eat inside or out, a tiki bar sits in the pool as well. There is an awesome DJ with music to get you in a party mood and they have alot of fun with everyone with some PG/ R rated contests carried out on the pool side. (in my experience, they get a bit more R rated once the kiddies are in school) The most fun is when they DJ pits different ships against each other if there is more then 1 in port. I have a blast there! No tender boat, walk right off the ship.

St Thomas - one of the best priced most enjoyable events is the Turtle Cove excursion, coming in at only $69. Just the catamaran ride to the cove is worth the money. Its a beautiful trip out and back. Open rum punch bar on the way back. Nice idea to bring a few bucks to tip the staff, they are awesome. Saw lots of turtles last year.

San Juan- I stay on board and take full advantage of the pools and hot tubs!

I am a simplistic cruiser, tend to choose hanging at the beaches, reading and pigging out on the warm chocolate melting cake vs spending $$ on excursions, bar tabs and gambling. I love the Glory for her ease in navigating where everything is on board as I am highly challenged as far as direction goes! Have a great cruise!

Nice Thanh you. Are you coming with your family ?

It looks like you have some good answers so far, but I will say, I and 7 (most of my family) went on the Glory for the first the the end of March. I had read pros/cons, and I know people "read" and think that is what they will find on the ship, but then, everyone has different opinions.:)

I had been to most of the ports, so I was able to help the others with me, and tell them about them, but not the ship. Although they were finishing up the construction at that time, it didn't seem to deter us from what we needed to do on the ship.

If I can help in any way, please feel free to ask, especially about the ship. If I don't know the answer, I'll let you know that as well. :)

It looks like you have some good answers so far, but I will say, I and 7 (most of my family) went on the Glory for the first the the end of March. I had read pros/cons, and I know people "read" and think that is what they will find on the ship, but then, everyone has different opinions.:)

I had been to most of the ports, so I was able to help the others with me, and tell them about them, but not the ship. Although they were finishing up the construction at that time, it didn't seem to deter us from what we needed to do on the ship.

If I can help in any way, please feel free to ask, especially about the ship. If I don't know the answer, I'll let you know that as well. :)

Do they play movies at ship? And comedy show are the good?

My husband and I just got off of the Glory yesterday and honestly I miss it already! Dustin the cruise director was absolutely amazing so much energy and fun! They play movies every night at the pool that they call the "Dive- in" There's lots of shows to go to, comedy to laugh at and dinner and food!!

My husband and I just got off of the Glory yesterday and honestly I miss it already! Dustin the cruise director was absolutely amazing so much energy and fun! They play movies every night at the pool that they call the "Dive- in" There's lots of shows to go to, comedy to laugh at and dinner and food!!

Great thank you. We always got off and start planing the other trip

Yes, they have a very nice outdoor movie theater to watch the movies. At night is the best time to watch, as normally the sun is shining so bright you cannot see much, and normally they are not showing many movies through the day.

Yes, they do have the comedy area as well. I and the rest went, but some of us didn't stay, as the language (not everyone) they were using, we were not wanting to hear. As you know, it is up to each individual if that is what you want to hear. Some of it was good and funny, and the other was funny, but we didn't think they needed to add the fowl language in there, but that is MY opinion.