New Cruiser on NCL

coppermouse

We like the Jewel class ships, and have sailed on the Jade, Gem, Pearl and Jewel. (I think).

We have also sailed on the Star, a similar sized ship that has a different layout. It is very similar to the Jewel class ships in size.

Their two smallest ships are the Sky and the Sun, and we have been on both. They are older and the showers are very small, but we enjoyed them as well. The Sky now does what I'll call a "booze cruise" with drinks included for everyone, and that's not quite our style, so we probably won't sail it again.

If you want things like bigger water slides and Broadway style shows you have to move up to the larger ships like the Epic, Breakaway, Escape and Getaway. We sailed on the Epic and enjoyed ourselves. The entertainment was really top notch.

What ships have you sailed (if any)? Someone who has been on NCL and those ships can give you a better comparison.

Good Day,

We want to try NCL next year. I could use some help in choosing a ship. What are some of your favorite ships and why?

It really depends on which port you are looking to depart from as well as what cruise ship is scheduled to be doing that route.

For now, the NCL Gem is going to still be at the NYC port but will be changed to another port later on.

And the NCL Joy is marketed to the Asian market "NORWEGIAN JOY IS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CHINESE MARKET, AND AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE THE BEST FIT FOR ALL CONSUMERS. PLEASE CALL 1-800-377-9383 TO SPEAK WITH A CRUISE CONSULTANT AND LEARN MORE ABOUT NORWEGIAN JOY."

I cruised on the NCL Breakaway - it a very huge ship with up to 4,000+ cruisers & their staffs.

Look on NCL site to see which cruise ship might interested you depending on the activities you are looking to do and certain restaurants. For example, the NCL Breakaway have Ocean Blue but NCL Gem does not have Ocean Blue.

Good Day, We want to try NCL next year. I could use some help in choosing a ship. What are some of your favorite ships and why?

Try one of the megaships. The still-being-built Bliss will be sailing Alaska, Mexican Riviera, and Caribbean next year. Or the Escape sailing the Caribbean and Bermuda.

It all depends on what you want to do activity wise. And where you want to go.

If you want to go to Alaska the pearl or the star is the way to go. The Bahamas – we really loved the getaway.

We are in Hawaii right now aboard the pride of America- I don't really recommend this cruise for a myriad of reasons you're welcome to private message me to ask my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums