Getting very nervous

Birdie1410

Ok, thanks all for your responses! I admit it, I was having a "stress out" moment. It's over now....I think.;) but I do thank you all for your advice. I told my hubs about going to port without them. He likes the idea of the 2 of us going the night before so he can see me off.;):* Then the other 2 ladies can get there when they get there and I will be finding a spot in the shade. lol

I'd say if DH is understanding enough, not only for you to use vacation time and dollars to travel with others, but to drive you there...you should see him off (so to speak).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, thanks all for your responses! I admit it, I was having a "stress out" moment. It's over now....I think.;) but I do thank you all for your advice. I told my hubs about going to port without them. He likes the idea of the 2 of us going the night before so he can see me off.;):* Then the other 2 ladies can get there when they get there and I will be finding a spot in the shade. lol

I can relate! Your husband's plan sounds like something mine would suggest.

I went on a cruise with 2 other ladies who were friends of mine, and my DH had to drive us 3 hours to the port, then drive there 5 days later to pick us up! Because one of our friends is a dawdler (consistently late!!) we left 2 hours later than we wanted to. Because of that, hubby left 30 mins later than he planned on the return trip then ran into traffic. This same friend bit@&ed and moaned for the whole 45 minutes that we had to wait for him, which wouldn't have been a problem if she had agreed to wait in the lounge onboard and hadn't insisted on self-debarkation! She made all kinds of snide remarks about having to wait for my husband, until our 3rd roommate (who happens to be her daughter!) told her to SHUT UP!

That was the last time I cruised without my husband! He KNOWS me and knows when not to argue with me. I wish you an uneventful cruise and a wonderful night before in Miami with 'the hubs'!

I assume you mean y'all are driving down together. Go to google maps and map the drive from your place to the port and show your boss. I have never seen the google map estimate be more than a few minutes off except when an accident messes up traffic and it takes much longer. (last month we drove to the keys for our anniversary and got held up for 2 hours near Islamadora because traffic was just miserable. We had to call the hotel and they had to arrange for the owner to show up to let us in late because of that. Great place and people there though.)

I live in Orlando and when we sailed on Conquest it took us more than 4 hours to get to Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades and you have to go into Miami which is usually even worse traffic as far as I have ever seen.

FTTF lets you board whenever you want but that usually means early. Anyone can board late and it won't do you any good as late as you all will be getting there. Ideally, you would keep FTTF and go by yourself and enjoy your cruise whether they show up or not.

Personally I couldn't let someone "work a few hours" the morning of the cruise and trust them to be ready to go and get there on time. You know your friends better than I do though so do what you gotta do but I sure wouldn't wait for them.

My wife's best friend and her family are planning an Alaska cruise in 2019 and we will probably go too - but in separate cars.