Hurricane season

Marcolatin

We are leaving Saturday on the Ecstasy out of Charleston.

I had to call my travel agent earlier about something else, and she said not to give it another thought until we are 36 hours out from departure, which is when the cruise lines look at the latest forecast and make the call about what to do. She said sometimes they do need to divert the sailing route to stay out of any danger areas - which may mean port changes. We are just trying to stay positive - we will have fun even if we go other than where we expected (and we will also have fun in the rain but hopefully that will not come to pass).

Hurricane season started back in June and will continue through November. The peak time for Atlantic cyclones is mid September.

Worry that you are packing too many clothes and let the Captain determine how he handles the ship.

I will be on that sailing as well. That is the week I almost always book my cruise (prices drop don't you know) I never, ever watch the weather until a few days before my sailing as mother nature is a moody thing which can change her direction in a heart beat.

The Glory has served me well , we have a good itinerary so even if we were to have to change the order of a port or be redirected somewhere else, its still a win win situation because we ARE GOING TO BE ON A CRUISE!!!!!

Hurricane season started back in June and will continue through November. The peak time for Atlantic cyclones is mid September.

Worry that you are packing too many clothes and let the Captain determine how he handles the ship.

Well said, thoughts? have a great cruise

I will be on that sailing as well. That is the week I almost always book my cruise (prices drop don't you know) I never, ever watch the weather until a few days before my sailing as mother nature is a moody thing which can change her direction in a heart beat.

The Glory has served me well , we have a good itinerary so even if we were to have to change the order of a port or be redirected somewhere else, its still a win win situation because we ARE GOING TO BE ON A CRUISE!!!!!

Thanks, we will have fun for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love hurricane season, you never know where you'll end up!!

That is to me the perfect way to look at it.

We were at Disney in a hurricane several years ago and we had a blast. No lines and no waiting for the rides, about 80% of which stayed open, and we had seen the parades and such before so the kids didn't care at all about missing those. We got soaking wet and literally danced around in the warm rain. It was fun.