Fort Lauderdale (Allure) - Ship to Airport timing - 9:20 am flight out?

Having read the checking bag comment many times on Cruise Critic, I asked at the Jetblue counter when we checked our bags in at FLL. The woman looked at me like I was nuts and said they accept bags up to 8 hours prior to the flight.

Great! If someone is flying Jet Blue they're in luck if they want to check their bags in early. Pax flying Delta (and Southwest, apparently) will have a different experience.

If you are looking for something to do to kill time, you can take the free trolley on Saturday and Sundays from the airport to downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Here is the link to get the actual details:

http://www.suntrolley.com/routes-schedules-fares/airport/

I did a walk-through of this for our cruise last December if you want to see what we did. Click on the trip report below under my signature on Freedom of the Seas and skip all the way to post 1292 where it shows how we stored the suitcases at the airport storage area and you can see what we did riding the trolley to downtown. Great option especially since it’s free but it only runs on weekends.

As for the flight options, think you have more than enough opinions from everyone to make your head spin so I won’t add mine. As luck have it, we are looking to book flights for our December cruise soon and we have the option to fly out of FLL on a 9:30 AM flight post cruise, I just laughed when I saw that and moved on. Not a morning person…;p

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! This is EXACTLY the type of thing we were looking for!!!!!!!!!! There is a ship excursion or two we could take, but it would run us over $400 for a party of 6, and that is alot of money to spend to just 'busy' ourselves for a few hours! This is absolutely perfect!