What is there to do in Bermuda on Sunday?

crystal caves, climb gibbs hill lighthouse, explore the dockyard area and museum, head over to st. george on the ferry to sightsee (although i believe shops are closed on sunday). head into Hamilton and walk around, walk a portion of the bermuda railtrail, hit up the aquarium.

crystal caves, climb gibbs hill lighthouse, explore the dockyard area and museum, head over to st. george on the ferry to sightsee (although i believe shops are closed on sunday). head into Hamilton and walk around, walk a portion of the bermuda railtrail, hit up the aquarium.

Sorry.

NO Ferry's to St. George on Sunday's. :(

Go to Horseshoe Bay beach on Sunday.

I've asked this question myself on my roll call and the Bermuda board. We just decided to tour the Dockyard, maybe go to the lighthouse and Black Bay beach, and then do a sunset cruise. We also considered a bus or taxi tour of the island.

Here are some of the events at the Dockyard.

http://dockyardbermuda.com/events/

When we sailed the Dawn to Bermuda we arranged for a private island tour on Sunday that started at 1:30 PM. The tour was 5-6 hours long and we got to see all of the island so we could decide where we wanted to go on Monday and Tuesday. It was a great use of the time on Sunday and I would highly recommend it.

If you want to do something totally British, you could take bus from Wharf to Fairmont Southhampton in the afternoon. (3 to 5)

They serve afternoon tea for around $21.00 including gratuity.

The menu is online if you check their website.

I recommend taking the bus from their to Hamilton and returning to Dockyard by ferry.

Very inexpensive way to see island.

A short taxi ride to Tobacco Bay Beach. Not as crowded as Horseshoe and extreamly beautiful. You can rent snorkels, tubes and chairs. A food stand is also available.

Sorry. NO.

Tobacco bay is NOT a Short ride

It's 20 miles away at the opposite end of the Island.:rolleyes:

I am on the Dawn this weekend, arriving at Kings Wharf on Sunday. Can anyone please tell me what there is to do when we arrive. I have gone to Horseshoe Bay in the past but I am looking for alternatives just incase it isn't much of a beach day. Thank you for any help.

We went in May and honestly we walked around, checked out the shops and just took in what was around us, then we caught a taxi and went to horseshoe beach....amazing

We did the shore excursion offered through NCL last time - it was a minivan tour of the island. Took about 4 hours and they show you so much more than you can see on your own. I love just walking around that first day, going to the rum cake factory, the glass factory, the tiny little beach right next to the cruise terminal.. I love Bermuda!

If you want to do something totally British, you could take bus from Wharf to Fairmont Southhampton in the afternoon. (3 to 5)

They serve afternoon tea for around $21.00 including gratuity.

The menu is online if you check their website.

I recommend taking the bus from their to Hamilton and returning to Dockyard by ferry.

Very inexpensive way to see island.

This sounded nice so I looked it up. :) Looks like it is $29 + tip.

http://www.fairmont.com/southampton-bermuda/pdf/shp-afternoon-tea-july-2016/

Sorry. NO.

Tobacco bay is NOT a Short ride

It's 20 miles away at the opposite end of the Island.:rolleyes:

yea, by bus or taxi its probably close to an hour and a half depending upon the day. but you can take the ferry for 30 minutes. the Orange ferry does not run on Saturdays or Sundays tho. Not sure if NCL has the BoHengy II running (ive only done bermuda on the Breakaway so Sat/Sun has never been an issue).

Sorry, I must have pulled up an earlier website.

NP at all I just wanted us all to have the current information. I appreciate everyone's input as I had this same question myself and I'm sure others that do this itinerary do as well. I haven't been able to find alot about it so I'm happy to see some ideas!

yea, by bus or taxi its probably close to an hour and a half depending upon the day. but you can take the ferry for 30 minutes. the Orange ferry does not run on Saturdays or Sundays tho. Not sure if NCL has the BoHengy II running (ive only done bermuda on the Breakaway so Sat/Sun has never been an issue).

The NCL ferry and the public ferry to St George's do not run on weekends. The best option to get to SG on a Sunday would be the ferry to Hamilton, and then a taxi to SG.

On weekends, the last ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyard departs Hamilton at 6 pm. Also, there is a surcharge to taxi fares on Sunday: +25% for 1-4 passengers and +50% for 5-7 passengers.

I would go to SG on Monday, and take a taxi tour or beach on Sunday.

SBtS

A short taxi ride to Tobacco Bay Beach. Not as crowded as Horseshoe and extreamly beautiful. You can rent snorkels, tubes and chairs. A food stand is also available.

The only way it is "a short taxi ride to Tobacco Bay Beach" is if you take the taxi from King's Square, St George's.

SBtS

Thank you for all the wonderful input. So many choices, I really I appreciate everyone's ideas. I wasn't sure if shops are open in Dockyard on Sundays.

From what I can tell they are. I looked them all up.

Here are my notes:

Tour of Dockyard: (Jazz brunch @ Anchor restaurant (12-3:30); rum cake factory, clocktower, Maritime museum; glassworks factory; souvenirs at Bermuda Memories) (open Sunday until 7); mini-golf; Dolphin Quest; Snorkel Beach Park ($10);beers @ Frog & Onion; Bonefish Bar & Grill; bus to Gibb’s lighthouse ($9) ($5 admission) (30 min/9 mi) (180 steps); bus to Glass Sand Beach (1.1 mi); Somerset Drawbridge (5 mi) (#7 or #8); Church Bay (8 mi/30 min) (#7)

2-5​​Afternoon tea @ Dockyard Pastry Shop

The four of us, senior adults, visited the shops in the Dockyard, then we hopped aboard the bus for Hamilton. and another one to get us to the aquarium. It was a rainy day in June, so the beach was out of the question. The bus rides were an inexpensive way to tour the island. Too bad that most stores and businesses are closed on Sunday, but restaurants are open.