Bringing Wine Onboard

QuakerBoy

I think the fact that they check bags so thoroughly is very positive. Although I hope that the sole focus of these checks are not to find wine and surge strips.

Just like you may hope that TSA is looking for something other than water bottles.

I'm curious, has anyone tried this strategy? It is certainly reasonable to assume that your carry on and checked luggage are handled (somewhat) independently...

I don't believe they have time to "Link" every piece of checked luggage with our carry on. I "think" they scan our checked luggage and odd shaped bottles could cause them to take a second look at your suitcase. ( We know people you got caught with a bottle of Baileys-but they did let them enjoy it)

Cheers

Yeah, the disciplinary action will be that they take it away from you and give it back to you on the last evening of the cruise. :rolleyes:

Our friends had a bottle of wine held at a port of call and it was returned late afternoon on the last day. They enjoyed it at our balcony predinner hour. Perfect timing, actually.

Edited by eandj

Box wines have been confiscated (to be returned to you at the end of the cruise).

105 cruises and we have taken box wine on the last 30 with no problems. There is a trick to altering its appearance.

Actually did get called to naughty room to pick up knife wife had packed for cheeses. Was sitting right next to box of wine and they said nothing.

105 cruises and we have taken box wine on the last 30 with no problems. There is a trick to altering its appearance.

Actually did get called to naughty room to pick up knife wife had packed for cheeses. Was sitting right next to box of wine and they said nothing.

So, you are going to break the rules for what, a US$10.00 to 15.00 box of wine? Really........

If the rules state "two 750ml bottles", why deliberately break the rules? Are the rules made for everyone else except YOU? Are these the society morals you were taught by your parents and have passed on to your children?

We buy wine and other adult beverages in a lot of ports. I've never had them taken when we get back on the ship when sailing Celebrity. We are not trying to smuggle booze on, I fully expected them to be held for us till the end of the cruise like happens on most of the other lines we've been on. Celebrity just seems more lax in regards to keeping your booze. It might be different on the summer 7 day Caribbean sailings.

In regards to the original question, I would never put bottles in the checked luggage.

So, you are going to break the rules for what, a US$10.00 to 15.00 box of wine? Really........

I'm totally cool with this ...at 200 pre diem/pp that's 400 dollars times 105 is 42,000. So 10 dollars is a convenience.

Even with premium package , getting ready for dinner,we always enjoy a glass and don't need to go to bar to carry back. Each his own.

I'm totally cool with this ...at 200 pre diem/pp that's 400 dollars times 105 is 42,000. So 10 dollars is a convenience.

Even with premium package , getting ready for dinner,we always enjoy a glass and don't need to go to bar to carry back. Each his own.

You're willing to pay for a premium package (or upgrade) and still break the rules over a $10 box of wine? That is not a "convenience" that is being cheap. Well, I'm glad the rules don't apply to you and I have no doubt you never complain when someone else's rule breaking inconveniences you.

You're willing to pay for a premium package (or upgrade) and still break the rules over a $10 box of wine? That is not a "convenience" that is being cheap. Well, I'm glad the rules don't apply to you and I have no doubt you never complain when someone else's rule breaking inconveniences you.

"break the rules"....tell me us always go 55 MPH when posted!!!!!!!!