Allure OTS January 21, 2018 cruise cancellation.

RCCL has cancelled the January 21,2018cruise Allure due to propulsion problems.

We are booked on the January 28,2018 cruise.

2 cabins.

RCCL has offered the "January 21 cruisers $300 SBC, same cabin, same price on other RCCL cruises from January 10,2018 through March 10,2018 on selected sailings" quoted from an email/letter sent to these cruisers.

That's 6000+ people trying to book another cruise in that time period.

Crazy Stuff.

In danger of shortening the January 28,2018 cruise.

I need help.

Any comments/insights would be appreciated.

Thank you

re: In danger of shortening the January 28,2018 cruise

RC has stated that your cruise will be unaffected. The work needed to be done on the propulsion system should easily be accomplished during the week prior to your cruise. If perchance something comes up, then you will be compensated. No use worrying over something until it materializes, especially if it is unlikely to do so.

RCCL has cancelled the January 21,2018cruise Allure due to propulsion problems.

We are booked on the January 28,2018 cruise.

2 cabins.

RCCL has offered the "January 21 cruisers $300 SBC, same cabin, same price on other RCCL cruises from January 10,2018 through March 10,2018 on selected sailings" quoted from an email/letter sent to these cruisers.

That's 6000+ people trying to book another cruise in that time period.

Crazy Stuff.

In danger of shortening the January 28,2018 cruise.

I need help.

Any comments/insights would be appreciated.

Thank you

$300 won't cover the cost of changing flights for many people, let alone other expenses like prepaid hotels, etc

Thank you for the speedy reply.

They cannot compensate anyone enough.

Too many variables for the amount of people affected.

Notification any later then now is still very late logistically to accomplish a rebooking of 6000 cruisers let alone another possible 6000 Jan 28 cruisers in the time allotted January 10,2018 through March 10, 2018.

The possibility of having a "shorten" 5 nite 7 night cruise weighs heavily on my family.

We have a 21 night TA booked March 8,2018 transatlantic including flights.

I usually do not worry about things I cannot control but at 70 years old

Diamond Plus I think the allotted time to rebook, with all the "difficulties" involved for Everyone is unrealistic at best.

The timeline should extended to March 10,2019.

Impossible to rebook in the time line proposed.

Too many cruisers coming from all over the World.

I think RCCL has not used compassion to determine these dates.

So yes I feel I have the privilege to be VERY CONCERNED for my family.

Now will RCCL feel the same same for our Families.

Thank you.

$300 won't cover the cost of changing flights for many people, let alone other expenses like prepaid hotels, etc

$300 is the onboard credit, they are also offering $200 per person for airline change fees.

Per RCCL, a boardwalk or Central Park balcony is only an ocean view cabin on ships without that class of balcony cabin.

I doubt that 5 months prior to sailing, 6000 passengers are booked! I really didn't think the capacity was that much to begin with anyway (might be wrong on that though)

It is also before final payment and many might just choose to cruise in a total different time frame, or cruiseline, etc. So not everyone will be trying to fit it in during that time offered.

I discovered this yesterday morning, when I was looking at cruises. My daughter was booked on that cruise for her honeymoon. Luckily this worked out ok for them. The did receive the $300 on board credit. They had a boardwalk balcony room booked. They are now booked a few weeks later on the Harmony in another boardwalk balcony room; since they were price protected. The taxes/port fees were about $20 less; so they are actually saving some money on the cost of the cruise. I think they are going to like the Harmony more than the Allure also; since they will enjoy the slides. Also I think the ports will be a little bit enjoyable too. Flights were booked through Southwest; so there was no change fees. It was a little bit more for the flight going to FLL; but the flight home was quite a bit less. For anybody that is on this cruise, the main thing is to remember that the cruise fare is price protected; so as long as you get the same category, the cruise itself will not cost you any extra money.

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Notification any later then now is still very late logistically to accomplish a rebooking of 6000 cruisers let alone another possible 6000 Jan 28 cruisers in the time allotted January 10,2018 through March 10, 2018.

The possibility of having a "shorten" 5 nite 7 night cruise weighs heavily on my family.

I understand your concern for sure. But, they are trying to run a business, they are already losing the revenue of from a whole cruise plus all the on-board credit they are giving out stemming from the propulsion issues (and no I don't expect anybody to feel sorry for them). So they cannot just start allowing people to cancel/change the Jan 28th sailing on the slim chance that they do not get finished in time. That cruise would likely sail mostly empty and another big hit to revenue. Besides, that's not how businesses work, especially in the maintenance world. You plan a project and an associated completion date and you expect business as usual on the given completion date. Sometimes there are hiccups and that date gets missed and there are consequences to that. But that's just how it works. They cannot plan and accommodate for every single worst case scenario in this instance. It's just not realistic.

So this is all much ado about nothing. If you are that concerned about your cruise turning into 5 night cruise...as others have said...change to a different ship, line, date, or whatever.

in the time allotted January 10,2018 through March 10, 2018.

I would agree that they could extend this date a little further out, given that people have to work around work schedules and what not.

We have a 21 night TA booked March 8,2018 transatlantic including flights

You have 21 night cruise a little over a month later...I think you are doing alright in life no matter what the outcome of the Allure sailing.

Diamond Plus

What does this have to do with anything?

• 2 weeks later...

We are very disappointed with how RC has been handling issues after cancellation. We had two balcony staterooms on Allure, and they offered two balcony staterooms on the Oasis of the Seas, but did not say that it leaves from Port Canaveral, 350km north of Port Everglades. When we discovered it, we realized that after the cruise we could not catch our flight from Miami to Finland, which we had already paid for last March.

We re-negotiated with our airline for re-routing our flight from Orlando to Finland. There were still a few seats left in the plane. The problem is that RC is not responding us. RC has an office in Europe, among others, in Norway, but even if we put in e-mail and called them many times, we have not got answers.We cannot reserve re-routed flights before we get answers for example the final cruise price. They have raised our cruise price by around 3000 euros for two cabins. Should we not get this replacement cruise at the same price than the original cruise price was? We have requested many times that they must confirm the prices on the same level that the original prices were.

They do not promise to compensate the time we have to sit in the car (8hours). We pay for accommodation of one week before the cruise in FortLauderdale, where Allure was supposed to leave. The biggest problem is that RC does not answer questions or responds very slowly. Looks like they do not care, it's good to know in the future.

It's strange that Allure is going for maintenance just in the same week as the Harmony of the Seas is reserved for others.

Edited by Kikka

Should we not get this replacement cruise at the same price than the original cruise price was?

It's strange that Allure is going for maintenance just in the same week as the Harmony of the Seas is reserved for others.

Welcome to CC. Yes, you should be price protected if it's the same cabin category. Call back and ask to talk to a supervisor. That week was probably the earliest the dry dock was available along with the parts to fix her and probably nothing to do with Harmony.

We are very disappointed with how RC has been handling issues after cancellation. We had two balcony staterooms on Allure, and they offered two balcony staterooms on the Oasis of the Seas, but did not say that it leaves from Port Canaveral, 350km north of Port Everglades. When we discovered it, we realized that after the cruise we could not catch our flight from Miami to Finland, which we had already paid for last March.

We re-negotiated with our airline for re-routing our flight from Orlando to Finland. There were still a few seats left in the plane. The problem is that RC is not responding us. RC has an office in Europe, among others, in Norway, but even if we put in e-mail and called them many times, we have not got answers.We cannot reserve re-routed flights before we get answers for example the final cruise price. They have raised our cruise price by around 3000 euros for two cabins. Should we not get this replacement cruise at the same price than the original cruise price was? We have requested many times that they must confirm the prices on the same level that the original prices were.

They do not promise to compensate the time we have to sit in the car (8hours). We pay for accommodation of one week before the cruise in FortLauderdale, where Allure was supposed to leave. The biggest problem is that RC does not answer questions or responds very slowly. Looks like they do not care, it's good to know in the future.

Yes you should be price protected if the cruise is between Jan 18 and Mar 18, 2018. Any other dates, no, just the credit of $150pp.