Need advice on Cabin Reservation

bowlman23

I'm looking to go on the Carnival Sunshine in December.

I'm looking to do a cheaper stay, but also not be in the worst spot. I'm doing an interior room, and there is one on Deck 1 or there's one on Deck 9 (Lido) for about $35/pp more. I assume that being on Deck 9 is more convenient, but more crowded. Being on Deck 1 is less convenient and is likely harder to get elevators, but I don't know. That's just my guess.

Do you think it's worth it to spend the money? Never stayed on a lower deck before.

Would appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

Absolutely! We stayed in an inside Lido cabin last year on the Sunshine and loved it. It was close to everything we wanted to do and still very quiet, as it is only cabins on that end of the ship. It's no more crowded there than on any other deck with cabins.

Yes I have cruised on Sunshine and absolutely loved it. Sunshine is one of my favorite Carnival ships. The adult serenity area with the waterfall is the main reason, but I also love Cucina at lunch (but not for supper when there is a fee). Order the lasagna at lunch for no fee. The steakhouse is great too and worth the upcharge. The area at Cucina del Capitano is very cozy. There is a bar back there and the whole area feels very welcoming. I hope you get to try it around lunchtime and afternoon. They also set up an omelet bar back there at breakfast.