What is the ADP Cruise?

I am trying to plan a trip for next summer and I see that there is a sold out 4 night cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, departing from San Juan on July 28, 2018, visiting St.Thomas, Antigua and St.Maarten, and it just says "ADP Charter Cruise". What does ADP stand for? Can anyone book on this cruise? The dates actually work perfectly for us. It's sold out, but do you think calling Royal to see if there's a spot open would be worth it?

I am trying to plan a trip for next summer and I see that there is a sold out 4 night cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, departing from San Juan on July 28, 2018, visiting St.Thomas, Antigua and St.Maarten, and it just says "ADP Charter Cruise". What does ADP stand for? Can anyone book on this cruise? The dates actually work perfectly for us. It's sold out, but do you think calling Royal to see if there's a spot open would be worth it?

If it's a full ship charter, you would have to contact the charter organization to book the cruise.

Yes, ADP is a software provider for payroll and HR. Sure you can book if there's room. We have been on a couple of charter cruises and they can be a little bit of a party cruise depending.

They are usually paid for by the sponsor for high preforming employees or VIP clients. So ADP is paying for top employees or their big client accounts (at least that's how it was on the two I went on).

I went on one chartered by Labatt's brewery. The brewery loaded 100's of cases of product on board at Vancouver BC, which were comp'ed if you had a Labatt's sticker on your Sea Pass card and drank a Labatt's product (who wouldn't). So you can imagine how that went. Gives new meaning to a "drink package".

Somehow I don't see ADP being that crazy.

Yes, ADP is a software provider for payroll and HR. Sure you can book if there's room. We have been on a couple of charter cruises and they can be a little bit of a party cruise depending.

They are usually paid for by the sponsor for high preforming employees or VIP clients. So ADP is paying for top employees or their big client accounts (at least that's how it was on the two I went on).

I went on one chartered by Labatt's brewery. The brewery loaded 100's of cases of product on board at Vancouver BC, which were comp'ed if you had a Labatt's sticker on your Sea Pass card and drank a Labatt's product (who wouldn't). So you can imagine how that went. Gives new meaning to a "drink package".

Somehow I don't see ADP being that crazy.

Who should I call about it? It says that it is sold out on Royal's website, but do you think if I called the company, they would have any rooms left over?

Who should I call about it? It says that it is sold out on Royal's website, but do you think if I called the company, they would have any rooms left over?

If you mean call ADP then no, call Royal or get a TA to call. ADP will only be handling their cooperate clients and employees. On the Labatt's charter Labatt's block rooms until a set date and those got released to the public. They didn't book the entire ship and I am not sure how many rooms they released close to sailing date.

I think when we sailed we had about half the ship.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. ADP probably knows exactly how many people they are sending and the only available cabins will be last minute cancellations, which will probably go to other employees.

Edited by jamesr3939

Maybe others have but this is the first I've seen where Royal hosted the details of a charter on their website. It says to call Royal so that's the way to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you mean call ADP then no, call Royal or get a TA to call. ADP will only be handling their cooperate clients and employees. On the Labatt's charter Labatt's block rooms until a set date and those got released to the public. They didn't book the entire ship and I am not sure how many rooms they released close to sailing date.

I think when we sailed we had about half the ship.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. ADP probably knows exactly how many people they are sending and the only available cabins will be last minute cancellations, which will probably go to other employees.

Maybe others have but this is the first I've seen where Royal hosted the details of a charter on their website. It says to call Royal so that's the way to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you both for your help. I also found it weird that they had the information on their website, there's usually just a scheduling gap and if you look up the ship and dates, you can usually find it from another website. I would imagine if they did have a room, it would be god awfully expensive, so I'll just keep up with my searching...

I am familiar with ADP working in the industry. I suspect it is for their employees to celebrate meeting or exceeding certain sales targets. I doubt clients are involved. I assure it's probably going to be stiff sometimes but once the professional engagement events are over, they will be having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an odd itinerary for Freedom. It is not available for travel agents to book. I would assume ADP has reserved the entire ship and you will not be able to purchase a ticket. It is very common for a corporation to book a cruise ship as a perk for their employees.

There is a 3-night from SJ to St Thomas & St Maarten on Aug 1st, after the ADP private charter, available for booking.

• 1 month later...

My husband works for ADP. Every year their top sales employees are rewarded with a trip called Presidents Club. This year they are chartering a cruise. They have bought out the entire ship, hence why no rooms are available. You won't be about to get on this itinerary no matter who you contact. Sorry for the bad news.

If it's the same company it is "Automatic Data Processing" a payroll processing Co. as others have stated.

The only way a regular cruise passenger will be able to cruise on a charter is if ADP advises Royal Caribbean that they won't be able to full the entire ship and releases some inventory back to Royal Caribbean prior to sailing. I remember a similar situation with the New Jersey State PBA twenty years ago on the Grandeur Of The Seas out of Port Everglades. The PBA chartered the entire ship. Due to low turnout the PBA released fifty percent of the inventory back to Royal Caribbean sixty days prior to sailing. Regular customers got excellent deals on a seven day Eastern Caribbean cruise with a shipload of New Jersey law enforcement officers.