Most Frequently Forgotten item/s?

Susa

My personal must have/do not forget list includes:

large ziplocks for packing/sorting- carrying damp things home

An international calling card for while in port, many places will not accept your home plan/can't always get cell reception- locals charge up to $5/minute for their specific cards

A water bottle, can keep refilling for day trips

backpack or other EASY carrier for shore excursions ( doubles as carry on)

A warm jacket/sweater,despite our hopes, it does get chilly

An empty duffle packed in a suitcase to accomidate purchases

There are more, but I am getting excessive here!

Just returned from 14 RT to Hawaii...DH said as he unpacked.."Oh NO! I forget to bring any shoes (only tennis shoes he was wearing!) Luckily they rent dress shoes as well as tuxes etc. and they had his size...$12.00 for the entire cruise...thank goodness! He would have looked pretty funny in a tux and tennis shoes! LuAnn

One time DH and I were heading to a hot air balloon event out of town. When we arrived I realized I had packed everything.....except my underwear. I then made the mistake of asking the organizer of the event where I might find the nearest department store...and why I needed it.

Fast forward to last day of event, we are at the closing banquet. The organizer/master of ceremonies is holding forth, talking about what a wonderful sport ballooning is, how excited balloonists still get even after doing it for years and then he said, "In fact, one woman was in such a hurry to get here, she forgot to pack any underwear, stand up Susan....!"

Now back on topic; one time we got to the airport and were checking our bags at curbside when I (still in the front seat) heard my husband tell the porter "These three bags". I screamed and exited the car all at the same time "There are four bags!" Nope, one was still hanging in the closet. Of course it was the one with the formal clothes so back we went. Thank goodness it was very early and not much traffic. When we got back to the airport, the same porter saw us and said "I didn't think you'd make it." As we passed through security, we heard our boarding announcement. We don't hang the bag in the closet anymore!

We've forgotten to pack suntan lotion and toothpaste. Of course they're available in the ship's stores. Another thing my DH always seems to run out of on a cruise is the solution for his contacts. If anyone needs to know of the best places in St. Martin, St. Thomas, San Juan, or Cozumel to buy contact solution, I can tell them. (We've also shopped for it in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and Washington state.)

Archived