Harvey Remnants

tyeomans

Don't listen to that guy. Just spreading useless gossip. Here is the official post from the Port of Galveston.

https://m.facebook.com/theportofgalveston/?__tn__=C-R

The harbor master is saying that if their is a lull in the storm and co ditions are safe, they will try to open the ports to the cruises.

Welcome to cruise critic.

Can you copy and paste the actual official text for "what the harbor master is saying"? I don't see it on Facebook.

Don't listen to that guy. Just spreading useless gossip. Here is the official post from the Port of Galveston.

https://m.facebook.com/theportofgalveston/?__tn__=C-R

The harbor master is saying that if their is a lull in the storm and co ditions are safe, they will try to open the ports to the cruises.

Welcome to Cruise Critic...........I wonder how you thought of your screen name?:cool:

Btw it's against the rules to post anything about that face place.

Sure. Here it is:

PORT CONDITION remains at Zulu. If there is a lull in the storm the Captain of the Port MAY allow for inbound cruise vessels however there is no guarentee. Saftey of passengers is a priority. Please contact your cruise line for additional information Royal Caribbean International: 1-800-764-7419 Carnival Cruise Line: 1-800-256-6649.

Basically, it's still up in the air, but no one said anything about being closed until Tuesday.

Sure. Here it is:

PORT CONDITION remains at Zulu. If there is a lull in the storm the Captain of the Port MAY allow for inbound cruise vessels however there is no guarentee. Saftey of passengers is a priority. Please contact your cruise line for additional information Royal Caribbean International: 1-800-764-7419 Carnival Cruise Line: 1-800-256-6649.

Basically, it's still up in the air, but no one said anything about being closed until Tuesday.

Ah, that's the text from yesterday, I thought you meant something more recent.

A spokesperson for the harbor *did* mention Tuesday as a possibility, I'll dig up a link.

Ah, that's the text from yesterday, I thought you meant something more recent.

A spokesperson for the harbor *did* mention Tuesday as a possibility, I'll dig up a link.

Well, this was posted today at noon and going by the comments section from the port, still stands.

http://www.gvnews.com/national/news/cruises-could-be-kept-out-of-galveston-until-tuesday-due/article_1710d591-5b86-58d5-893e-24fb5f14624b.html

"We have about 20,000 people on four cruise ships that are trying to enter the port," said Roger Quiroga, director of economic development and external relations for the Port of Galveston. "We're going to try to wait for the first opportunity, probably around Tuesday, to get them in."

"Comments section from the port" meaning official statements, or random FB posters?

Hi everybody - I am a cruising newbie (I've only been on one, and that was in 2009!) I have been following this board since Harvey threatened the cruise, and have really appreciated the insight from a lot of people who seem to know the ins and outs of cruising.

We were scheduled to leave today on the Carnival Freedom. We are only five hours away, so we haven't cancelled yet and are waiting to see if there is some kind of a miracle. If, by some chance, the ports open tomorrow or Monday - do any of you have any educated guesses about what the new route might be (was originally 2 days at sea, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel) and if it will be worth going? We were thinking if (once again big IF) the cruise could leave on Monday they would probably cut out Roatan, which would be a bummer since that's why we booked it. Is there any chance Carnival might offer upgrades or different ports to entice people to board despite the shorter duration? What is everybody else thinking?

Hi everybody - I am a cruising newbie (I've only been on one, and that was in 2009!) I have been following this board since Harvey threatened the cruise, and have really appreciated the insight from a lot of people who seem to know the ins and outs of cruising.

We were scheduled to leave today on the Carnival Freedom. We are only five hours away, so we haven't cancelled yet and are waiting to see if there is some kind of a miracle. If, by some chance, the ports open tomorrow or Monday - do any of you have any educated guesses about what the new route might be (was originally 2 days at sea, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel) and if it will be worth going? We were thinking if (once again big IF) the cruise could leave on Monday they would probably cut out Roatan, which would be a bummer since that's why we booked it. Is there any chance Carnival might offer upgrades or different ports to entice people to board despite the shorter duration? What is everybody else thinking?

I have no useful info for you but I just wanted to say that I love your attitude. Sounds like you are keeping your chin up and going with the flow. Best of luck to you. Hoping you get to board Freedom sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone have any insight into RCI Liberty of the Seas? They keep insisting they're on schedule but they're clearly not and most flights (including mine and other family members) to Houston have been cancelled. We're a party of 20 coming from 4 different locations and are seriously stressing! It seems incredibly irresponsible for them to not cancel - people are trying to fly and drive into unsafe conditions. HELP PLEASE! thanks in advance :)

Log into your cruise and there should be an update or something about your cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Anyone have any insight into RCI Liberty of the Seas? They keep insisting they're on schedule but they're clearly not and most flights (including mine and other family members) to Houston have been cancelled. We're a party of 20 coming from 4 different locations and are seriously stressing! It seems incredibly irresponsible for them to not cancel - people are trying to fly and drive into unsafe conditions. HELP PLEASE! thanks in advance :)

It's not sailing out tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesVanFleet/status/901623557809209344?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

RC held out till the last minute.

Liberty of the Seas just announced they will push back departure by 1 day. They will refund 1 day of cruise fare + 25% future cruise credit.

https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacapget.php?x=TX125862FABB90.FlashFloodWarning.125862FB31ECTX.HGXFFWHGX.3b4f442b0be126adcfc1a4d23ddb03fb

The National Weather Service in League City has issued a * Flash Flood Warning for... Southeastern Grimes County in southeastern Texas... Southwestern Galveston County in southeastern Texas... Southwestern Montgomery County in southeastern Texas... Eastern Fort Bend County in southeastern Texas... Eastern Brazoria County in southeastern Texas... Central Harris County in southeastern Texas... * Until 1215 AM CDT. * At 911 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing heavy rain across the warned area. 3 to 4 inches has fall and will continue to fall at this rate. Flash flooding is ongoing.