Early Saver disappointment... tell me something good pls about the Liberty!

Reenie75

So I made the mistake I have not been on Carnival ever, been on other cruise lines. I booked a early saver in May 2017 for April 28/18 Carnival Magic only to find out that what I booked for that week we can't go.:loudcry: I received an administration fee ($100 US :(... CDN is higher!) I rebooked to another cruise with the Liberty 1 week earlier... I don't want this to damper my cruise experience with Carnival. All my friends give bad comments about them. :(

Please give me good feedback on this ship!!! I want to give faith to Carnival, some of their ships look awesome. :cool:Waterworks & slides!!My daughter is 10, she loves cruises. It's her birthday that week... a total surprise cruise. I want myself to be looking forward to this cruise not keep the negative feeling about the adminstration fee...

My boyfriend and I were on the Liberty in May and had a blast!!!! It's a lovely ship. We spent a lot of time at the pool and the alchemy bar. The steakhouse onboard is superb. There's lots to do you won't be bored. We even got to see John Wick 2 before it was released on blueray on the pool deck one night!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a ship. It will sail and return safely. You will have food and entertainment. You will make your port stops.

What else are you expecting? I never understood why a particular ship mattered. The available amenities are as standard as possible across all ships.

It's a ship. It will sail and return safely. You will have food and entertainment. You will make your port stops.

What else are you expecting? I never understood why a particular ship mattered. The available amenities are as standard as possible across all ships.

The ship matters when you want lots of activities for your kids. The Liberty does not have a ropes course like the Magic does. I don't know if they have a comparable Water Works either as it is older and was not built with one.

The Liberty is hands down my favorite ship. The interior and decorations are gorgeous. The Alchemy Bar has a lovely atmosphere, whereas on the Magic it's just not as 'cozy' and it's in the lobby with all the music, which makes conversation a bit difficult at times.

I prefer the size of the Liberty over the Magic as well. The Magic does have a ton of great perks but I have found I prefer the smaller ships. Their service seems to be better and the crews tend to be friendlier. It's also easier to find people and friends on the smaller ships. I was always able to find a chair on the Liberty, whereas on the Magic it was far more difficult.

The Magic is a good ship, but I would take the Liberty over the Magic any day of the week!

The ship matters when you want lots of activities for your kids. The Liberty does not have a ropes course like the Magic does. I don't know if they have a comparable Water Works either as it is older and was not built with one.

Then the children would do something else? They weren't going to be on the ropes or slides all day, every day. They will be in ports most of the trip.

Then the children would do something else? They weren't going to be on the ropes or slides all day, every day. They will be in ports most of the trip.

For some people ropes course and slide availability are breaking points what you do to cruise and what other people do to cruise are two different things - So if the ship did not have a ropes course it could absolutely be a breaking point - And just because the ship is in port does not mean the people are going into port - Some people cruise because they like being on the boat

Even though we've been on many Carnival cruises, I've learned the hard way that Early Saver is not so great. We've had to cancel a couple of cruises that I foolishly booked early saver. I mostly book past guest. We will be on the Conquest in Feb. and the price has gone higher and higher since I booked it. At least I was able to use my remaining credit after the cancellation fees.

We have never had a bad Carnival cruise. All have been great.

Carnival Liberty offers a good cruise experience with excellent music and very good entertainment. Diamonds Steakhouse is a winner in cuisine, service, and ambiance. I strongly suggest that your daughter (and you) not miss the Towel Animal Theater if it is offered. Even as a Senior citizen, I went (after wondering "do you really want to do this?"), and found it delightful and entertaining.

Best wishes for a great cruise!

Liberty us a great ship, magical actually. Can't imagine you won't enjoy it. As far as early saver goes did you not read the rules for that rate? You could of just booked a regular refundable fare if you weren't willing to pay a penalty if you changed or canceled

Just a tip, If you cruise again with Carnival, Highly suggest to book the "Past Guest" rate so you won't have to deal with the limitations of Early Saver. Past Guest Rate was only $25 more a person and you don't have those strict limitations of Early Saver.

So I made the mistake I have not been on Carnival ever, been on other cruise lines. I booked a early saver in May 2017 for April 28/18 Carnival Magic only to find out that what I booked for that week we can't go.:loudcry: I received an administration fee ($100 US :(... CDN is higher!) I rebooked to another cruise with the Liberty 1 week earlier... I don't want this to damper my cruise experience with Carnival. All my friends give bad comments about them. :(

Please give me good feedback on this ship!!! I want to give faith to Carnival, some of their ships look awesome. :cool:Waterworks & slides!!My daughter is 10, she loves cruises. It's her birthday that week... a total surprise cruise. I want myself to be looking forward to this cruise not keep the negative feeling about the adminstration fee...

We just got off the Liberty this past Sunday. It is the second time on that ship this year for us and we did the Magic last year. Hands down, if you have a child old enough to play in the water works area, the Magic is a better choice. There is a kids club, but only a mini golf and water slide on the Liberty. From you post, I'm guessing you don't care about the bar, steakhouse, etc., if you are traveling with a young child. The Liberty is a beautiful ship, but if I were taking my grandchildren, which are the same age as your daughter, I would be looking at a different ship depending on the itinerary and how many days you will be at sea.

I hope you learned your lesson NEVER book ER.

Completely agree when kids are cruising with you. My son has been on 13 cruises. After he went on Breeze a couple years ago others were not as fun. Liberty included.

I bet you are a blast to be around!

I am going on this ship in a month or so. I have never cruised with Carnival but I too have read many reviews on the ship. I like to keep in mind that:

A. Some people are insufferable and can't relax and enjoy themselves even on a cruise ship.

B. Most people writing the reviews are motivated by a negative experience (by no means am I saying all). Most of the middle of the road cruisers aren't commenting at all.

Liberty was our first cruise. My son was 5. He enjoyed it. We found enough to do without a waterworks. We have since done two more and have 3 booked. Liberty is what got us hooked on cruising. There is a water slide. And mini golf. The kids club had lots of stuff to do. Last day we did the family scavenger hunt and had a lot of fun. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk