MSC Meraviglia YC Inner Suite & Overall Experience (August Cruise)

DTL

Excursions

YC guests have priority disembarkation for excursions, but they do not have the priority embarkation on board, which is also our only complaint about the YC services.

Do you mean that you didn't saw a special line for YC when reboarding in the ports? If yes you might be incorrect, maybe you missed them. We had special lines only for YC this summer but they were not clearly marked and easy to miss.

If you mean earlier, in the terminal, it's correct but I'm not sure that MSC has anything to say about that.

Thanks you for your review. I really appreciate the pictures of Nata, our butler!

In Naples, after Capri excursion, there were only two ship reembarkation points. One in the middle and one in the front. No special YC embarkation points. Maybe it's port depending, I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi DTL, loving your review! :* Very interesting to hear about the changes such as Afternoon Tea, Swarovski stairs (a much needed improvement) and access to the Top 19 private sundeck (though I think that's a little unfair on Aurea guests!).

I've just told DH what you've mentioned about the policy of allowing smoking after dinner on the pool deck outside of the designated smoking area. He told me that the smoking area was very windy at night at sea and that it was more sheltered at the bar area. So I'd say that's why they've extended it.

How do you compare your YC Inside with your previous experiences of YC balcony cabin? Would you do inside again? Looking at the way YC prices are going, I think we'd book an inside in the future - the difference in price is quite stark! But between an Aurea (or even Fantastica) balcony, the extra price isn't so great and well worth it for the YC amenities.

You're right about the size of the balconies - they are quite small. However, I think I'd find it hard to do without. First thing I do in the mornings is pull back the curtains for the view out. It's something I'd have to think long and hard about - but not for now as we've 4 cruises booked over the next 19 months.

On the subject of priority embarkation at POCs - we never saw any specific YC entrances, either.

Looking forward to hearing more! ;)

In Naples, after Capri excursion, there were only two ship reembarkation points. One in the middle and one in the front. No special YC embarkation points. Maybe it's port depending, I'm not sure.

I know for sure that they had it in Valetta because there we used the YC boarding. It was not clearly marked but there was a "Yacht Club only" sign.

How do you compare your YC Inside with your previous experiences of YC balcony cabin?

Dear Bea, this was our first YC experience. On our previous cruises we always stayed in Fantasia balcony cabin.

After all, it's up to you to decide what you like, and which part of the year your cruise is in. For us, YC inside suite will be the choice in the summer, on these mega cruisers and for very well known itineraries. You don't have time to stay in the cabin for too long because of all the YC amenities.

We already booked Seaview YC Interior Suite for next August.

But, if we choose a very new itinerary, and we plan to do lot of excursions, YC is waste of money IMHO.

Balcony cabins are only good during autumn or spring because of possible bad weather conditions.

Food Market Vine Tasting was really good and informative event (20€ pp)

In this post are pictures of food, in next one will be pics of served vines.

e988da17916a46f5964f0c148be88403.jpg79e3d90920e3a895945fd4d0b76ac870.jpg2e357f7054eb9778f08f3a62c1b303cd.jpge1469566812a44289a4fe2d1312f48a8.jpg75cabc23f258d9d0d7be40b16e1a7284.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your great review, it's been very informative. We board Meraviglia on Friday for our 1st MSC cruise and we're lucky to have gotten a yacht club inside too.

We have been on 12 other cruises, all with Royal Caribbean, so we are looking forward to seeing the differences between the two lines.

I have one quick question ... we have gotten used to Royals dress code.... mostly smart casual.... ( I know definition is subjective) is this suitable for YC restaurant or should we be aiming for more formal / semi formal (we are 2 females).... don't want to be under dressed!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums