Are the new beds installed on the Regal Princess yet?

jennaja

Hi everyone,

We're looking forward to our Canada/New England cruise on the Regal Princess next month. Does anyone know if the new beds have been installed on the Regal yet? Do they live up to the hype?

No new beds.......until 2019........

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess and Pacific Princess will debut on board Golden Princess (Oct 2017), Sea Princess (Nov 2017), Star Princess & Island Princess (Dec 2017), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Diamond Princess (Aug 2018), followed by Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

No new beds.......until 2019........

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess and Pacific Princess will debut on board Golden Princess (Oct 2017), Sea Princess (Nov 2017), Star Princess & Island Princess (Dec 2017), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Diamond Princess (Aug 2018), followed by Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

I'm sorry to hear that....

Hi everyone,

We're looking forward to our Canada/New England cruise on the Regal Princess next month. Does anyone know if the new beds have been installed on the Regal yet? Do they live up to the hype?

It's a fairly new ship.

Hi everyone,

As noted on pp, Regal's will be in 2019. But have used the new bed on the Emerald last year. It was a completely different experience from the previous, especially the pillows. We were satisfied.

I am glad to see this thread...

2019?

Wow, that seems so far out...

They were rolled out like a year and 1/2 ago???

We had them on our sailing last Spring. No complaints! : )

I wasn't assuming that hard beds (that will be, like, 4 years old.) would be an issue when we are planning to sail the Regal. But, might be...

Any hope at all that they will start replacing beds on the Regal any sooner?

No hope?

Maybe we could find a way to stop somewhere to get a nice mattress topper.

All I can remember was that when we sailed the Ruby, pre-bed changeover.... I had amost forgotten about the issue with the hard beds... and DH and I actually like a pretty firm mattress... So, we get to our cabin, and the time comes that I 'plop' down to sit on the bed... THUMP.... ouch...... Actually jarred my poor bones!!!! We then requested a so-called topper right away. It helped a little.. but much.

Sorry, but I don't care about the rare preference... a bed as hard as a wooden platform is ridiculous.

Princess knows this. Thus the greatly hyped NEW princess bed.

I wish that they would just change-over the last of these ships already.

Regardless of the "new" mattress rollout.........

The Emerald supposedly had new mattresses installed already. There were still posters that said they experienced old mattresses onboard when they were all supposed to be "new".

Throughout the fleet it's an ongoing process changing out mattresses onboard.

This will not change anything.

There will still be mattress changeouts on the Regal between now and 2019 and all other ships in the Princess fleet.

It's a fairly new ship.
but the beds in inside rooms on Regal were simply awful. I hardly slept since I was in a lot of pain. Even my husband thought the beds were bad. We had a better experience on Caribbean Princess after Regal sailing.

P.S. We are not elderly. Just 40.

I was impressed with the new beds! What a difference from the sagging, huge middle hump mattresses from before! The mattress is definitely firm but it didn't make our shoulders hurt or cut off circulation to our arms. The biggest difference besides how nice and flat they are is the pillows! Wow, what a difference. I still needed 2 of them, but they were much better!