Help picking new cruise line

smc0320

• 2 weeks later...

If u r looking for upscale esp for children ?!Disney does the absolute best but u pay for it $$$$We were 2 adults no children & had no problems with them Besides the families controlling their children The staff did an excellent job & so many fun things for everyone to do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure we would choose any of the lines (Princess, Celebrity, etc) mentioned. We assume you are primarily looking at 7 day cruises and are a relatively young family. With those two boys, who are at the perfect age for cruise ship activities, we think you might want to consider one of the Oasis Class ships of RCI. Those ships are organized better then Carnival ships when it comes to lines and they offer an amazing array of options for your boys. Princess also has a pretty decent kids program, but their ships do not feature the large number of amenities that are aimed at kids. As to Celebrity, its a decent line (now in a downhill spin due to the policies of their current CEO) but also does not have near the amenities (for kids) that you will find on those Oasis Class ships.

Hank

If you go to anything at ‘rush hour’ you’ll encounter lines. On Princess we’ve encountered them for pizza, ice cream and the International Cafe. Their buffet doesn’t have lines but it can get crowded during peak hours.

Any ship will have lines at peak hours. Heck we even encountered lines when the Amsterdam has less than 200 pax onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just on Celebrity Equinox and it was wonderful. BUT there was probably 10 passemgers under the age of 14 that we saw, and a few were babies. Won't be a great kids program if there are not many kids.

And if you make reservations on the Oasis class Royal Caribbean ships, the lines are not bad. You flash your card and enter. It is the no reservations folks who are waiting in line. The boys would love the entertainment on those ships too. Diving show, ice show, along with all the cool pools etc. We were on the Oasis last April, (not spring break) and there were good numbers of kids.

I really think it depends on your kids. I have one child who would be miserable unless there were a ton of other kids on the ship (but some kids are happy to hang with their parents or be the only one their age in the kids program). My other child doesn't need lots of other kids around but he like all the amenities on a ship (things he can do). Also when are you sailing? If you sail during a school break you may find more kids even on the less kid friendly ships. But if you sail during school (like we do) there are fewer kids everywhere.

Our kids had a great time on an old NCL ship because everything was very new to them and the kids club was pretty good. We also stayed in a suite which on NCL gives you a lot of perks and you avoid most lines. In November we are taking the kids on one of the RCI mega ships. They are older now and are so excited about all the activities they can do, zipline, flow rider, ice skating, rock wall etc. When we vacation with our kids, I have a better time if they are happy and busy. So as long as we sail with kids we will pick a very kid-centric ship.