Cruise next

texsnow

PLEASE explain..I bought 4 $250 Cruise next certificates and was under the impression that this would equal $1000 off my next cruise?? I spent $500 and was told it turned into $1000. What exactly is the fine print of the cruise next and what are they good for? I have read all previous posts and it is very confusing. Thank you!!

I also bought 4. My onboard account was charged $500 for these, therefore you pay $500 for $1,000 worth of deposits. If booking 6 months out you can use 2 for a balcony cabin or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forget about what you paid and what you received on the ship previously. It doesn't figure into anything now.

What you have are 4 x $250 Cruise Next Certificates. Each one is worth $250, so $1,000 worth of Cruise Next Certificates. There are limits to how many individual certificates can be applied to a single reservation as a deposit. In other words, you cannot plop all 4 down on a single cruise. But there are occasions where you can use 2 of them on a single booking.

If you just read the link provided, everything is pretty well explained. It's not confusing.

So can get $500 OBC for them for future cruise? Or can only use one $250 Voucher? Calling Monday!!

No you do not get $500 OBC or any OBC.

The 4 certificates in the amount of $250 each can be applied in the next -4- years to 4 separate cruises as the

down payment on each.

Also note that is ONE per cabin stateroom.

Exception booking on some promo routes you can use 2 certificates at a time and if booking more than 6 months

from cruising then 2 maybe applied as down payment on specified cabins i.e. balcony.

I believe the maximum to applied in any case is 2 per cabin.

If booking a Suite or Haven another set of rules apply - check with NCL or your TA for the latest.

The OBC confusion comes from when you initially purchased the certificates getting OBC as a perk of the deal.

The OBC at that point of sale is only for the cruise you were on at the time of purchase and is void or forfeit if

not used during that cruise - it is not carried over to subsequent cruises.

Overall the Next Cruise package is great if you plan to cruise on NCL within the next 4 years.

The NXC certificates are used as a down payment or additional payment for your future cruise.

You need to read this:

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms?hide_hf=true

There are limits as to how many certificates may be used toward a single booking.

The one thing I'm not sure of is #8 on the link. You must reserve within 4 years. But then it says redeem and sail within 4 years. So if you're close to that 4 year cutoff can you book but not complete the cruise until later?

The one thing I'm not sure of is #8 on the link. You must reserve within 4 years. But then it says redeem and sail within 4 years. So if you're close to that 4 year cutoff can you book but not complete the cruise until later?

So if you're close to that 4 year cutoff can you book but not complete the cruise until later?

The way it was explained to me you must be sailing on a NCL ship before sunset on the last valid day of the

certificate.

Remember that you can transfer the certificates to others and sell on Ebay - you do have options but don't

put yourself in a corner at the last minute. You only need to yield $500 to breakeven on this.

Because if can only use one voucher will take me awhile to use others. Not what I was told, or thought I was told.

If you bought those certs within the last 30 days you can get a refund

Call Ncl

Cancel them

They will refund the $500 they charged you

Do it asap if you are within 30 days

Expect them to take forever to refund you but they will if you qualify

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bought them 6 months ago. Will use but wish I knew the fine print.

If you bought those certs within the last 30 days you can get a refund

Call Ncl

Cancel them

They will refund the $500 they charged you

Do it asap if you are within 30 days

Expect them to take forever to refund you but they will if you qualify

So if you're close to that 4 year cutoff can you book but not complete the cruise until later?

The way it was explained to me you must be sailing on a NCL ship before sunset on the last valid day of the

certificate.

Remember that you can transfer the certificates to others and sell on Ebay - you do have options but don't

put yourself in a corner at the last minute. You only need to yield $500 to breakeven on this.

Right' date=' figure I only need to use 2 (balcony room) to get what I paid. I can give the others to someone else or sell if I don't use them.

We do cruise a lot but disappointed that I didn't understand it. I assumed use at once or never would have bought 4.

Right, figure I only need to use 2 (balcony room) to get what I paid. I can give the others to someone else or sell if I don't use them.

Cruise Next Certs are a great thing. Especially if you pay attention to what it is you're buying.

Yes agreed 100%. It is beyond me how some people are confused with this Cruise Next voucher program! So simple and yet so many misinterpretations.

Simple. You can use the voucher within 4 years of purchase. Usually ONE voucher per cabin unless when there is a promotion where you can apply 2 PER Cabin. Current promotion where you can apply 2 vouchers is Balcony and up book 6 months in advance. This can change of course.

Never would you be "told" you can use 4 vouchers at a time. NEVER!

Cheers

It's not about using 4 at a time. It is about the value being $1000 and using that towards something or at least using $500.

Yes agreed 100%. It is beyond me how some people are confused with this Cruise Next voucher program! So simple and yet so many misinterpretations.

Simple. You can use the voucher within 4 years of purchase. Usually ONE voucher per cabin unless when there is a promotion where you can apply 2 PER Cabin. Current promotion where you can apply 2 vouchers is Balcony and up book 6 months in advance. This can change of course.

Cheers

I never said thought could use all 4. That would be nice. I wasn't clear what the 4 $250 would be for honestly. I thought maybe use 2.

I don't understand

Did you actually think you could use all 4 on one cabin?

Cheers

I agree with you as I don't understand all the confusion

That's said....its obvious that Ncl is perpetrating as much confusion as possible by using the phrase..."you get an Obc"

By no means do you get an obc

You pay 1/2 price for a cert worth $250 that can be used as the deposit on your next cruise

They only charge you $125 or $150 depending on the number of certs you buy

They do not give you an obc...as they just charge the discounted amount

However....and this is a big however....and the way Ncl happily and knowingly adds to the confusion...is that they keep saying obc

Therefore novice cruisers/cert purchasers now think they have an obc to spend on their current cruise

Ncl likes that you think this

Novice cruisers are not savvy enough yet to know that if they go and say spend this "obc" all they have done is spent the discount Ncl gave them

The smart cruiser understands this and knows not to do this

They know there is no obc

But rather just a steep discount on cert purchases

It's this steep discount that is the free money so don't fool yourself into thinking you have extra money to spend for If you do spend extra all you do is lose your discount

Of course later on when you book your next cruise you just use the cert to do it and do not need to add $$$ to the deposit

I haven't had a cash outlay at booking in years by using my deeply discounted certs

I never said thought could use all 4. That would be nice. I wasn't clear what the 4 $250 would be for honestly. I thought maybe use 2.

It is clear as day. 4 vouchers=$1000. no other interpretation. sorry i dont get where the confusion is!!!!!!!!!!

Yes very confusing actually. If 4 vouchers equal $1000 then should be able to use more than one.

It is clear as day. 4 vouchers=$1000. no other interpretation. sorry i dont get where the confusion is!!!!!!!!!!