Any Experience with Seabourn's Luggage Forward Service in Boston?

jdaa

We're on a Montreal to Boston itinerary, and have booked Luggage Forward to handle our luggage when leaving the Quest in Boston. The instructions from Luggage Forward say "Please turn your mobile phone on during disembarkation and proceed though customs with your luggage. Our agent will meet you in the customs waiting area".

We've used Luggage Forward several times previously, and in the past have always just put our suitcases in the hallway outside our cabin the last night night of the cruise, and never saw them again until they were delivered to our home post-cruise.

This sounds like it could turn out to be a bit of a hassle, and we're wondering if it wouldn't be almost as easy to just take the luggage with us rather than having it shipped. If anyone has used Luggage Forward when disembarking in Boston, I'd love to hear from you! How did it work out? Did you have to wait on the Luggage Forward representative to arrive? Have any issues in meeting up with them? Thanks for sharing your experience!

I am guessing that you have not used a luggage service when clearing a USA port.

In USA ports you have to have the luggage with you to clear USA customs. You can't hand them over to a luggage service until you are outside the terminal area.

Just have a porter help you with this.

I can't help you with the rest of the questions as we use two other luggage providers.

Keith

I am guessing that you have not used a luggage service when clearing a USA port.

In USA ports you have to have the luggage with you to clear USA customs. You can't hand them over to a luggage service until you are outside the terminal area.

Just have a porter help you with this.

I can't help you with the rest of the questions as we use two other luggage providers.

Keith

Yes, you are exactly right. With past cruises we've handled our own luggage when disembarking a USA port. We've only used Luggage Forward in Europe.

Yes, you are exactly right. With past cruises we've handled our own luggage when disembarking a USA port. We've only used Luggage Forward in Europe.

The other difference is when you send your luggage back to the USA you have to provide a list of what is in the luggage, a copy of passport and a copy of airline itinerary. When you ship your luggage from a USA port back to your home in the USA you don't have to provide all of this.

Keith

I didn't use Luggage Forward with Seabourn but I have once (and booked again) with Holland America but so far only to the ship. However, after using them once I was more aware of the service and the last time I disembarked (San Diego) noticed the Luggage Forward person waiting just past the the customs desk.

They probably want you to have your cell phone on so they can get in touch with you miss each other on the way out it looked to me like they were waiting and that would be an unlikely event.

Roy

A Luggage Forward representative holding a "Luggage Forward" sign was waiting for us just outside customs when we docked in Miami, and we just handed off our bags to him and we went off to get a taxi to the airport. No problems whatsoever. Our bags arrived at our home on schedule a few days later. We have used their service with both Seabourn and Regent, both inside and outside of the U.S. and enjoy the freedom not having to haul luggage gives you.