Courtesy Hold - FINAL Payment due following day?

elmojessi

Hello,

I utilized Carnival's Courtesy Hold and now want to go ahead and make the booking. However, when I go to make my deposit, it says the balance is due by tomorrow? The cruise is not until April and I always thought that final payment was due 75 days prior to sail for 7 day cruises. Is this true? Unfortunately I can't access any of Carnival's help pages...they all seem to be down.

Ugh. Trying to attach a screen shot, but having problems with getting the image to load.

I don't want to have to pay the full fare tomorrow, so this could be a deal breaker for me.309ee63bfce68824a5ae6b65a7e6adef.jpg

Edited by elmojessi

It depends on how the sailing is selling and cabin availability. I've had holds as long as 48 hours and as little as 1 hour. Get a PVP and have them look up the specifics for you.

Final payment is always "x" amount of days from sailing. Deposit to hold a cabin varies greatly depending on the demand and specifics of that particular sailing. I think what you are seeing is the balance of the deposit, not payment in full. But I would call to make sure. I can't see the link to take a look at what you're seeing.

Also Carnival's site has given me fits when trying to make payments online so I just call my PVP and have him do it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

It depends on how the sailing is selling and cabin availability. I've had holds as long as 48 hours and as little as 1 hour. Get a PVP and have them look up the specifics for you.

Final payment is always "x" amount of days from sailing. Deposit to hold a cabin varies greatly depending on the demand and specifics of that particular sailing. I think what you are seeing is the balance of the deposit, not payment in full. But I would call to make sure. I can't see the link to take a look at what you're seeing.

Also Carnival's site has given me fits when trying to make payments online so I just call my PVP and have him do it.

Thanks for the input! I was finally able to get the photo up (ugh, why does it have to be so difficult?!?). I'm not able to call them right now to verify, but will give a call later this afternoon.

You guys were correct. I pulled the trigger and paid the deposit and this screen shows final payment is not due until much later. I do find the wording to be weird though. If I'm paying the deposit, what is the remainder?!?

f9bc9840bef707a3826de12812dc1296.jpg

You guys were correct. I pulled the trigger and paid the deposit and this screen shows final payment is not due until much later. I do find the wording to be weird though. If I'm paying the deposit, what is the remainder?!?

f9bc9840bef707a3826de12812dc1296.jpg

It's the remainder of the deposit that you didn't pay because you did a courtesy hold.