money

denn1

I've sailed in the Caribbean many times, though not with Cunard, though I assume the answer is the same. US dollars are welcome throughout the Caribbean. As a matter of fact many stores list prices in U S dollars as well as the local,currency. Btw on the French side of St. Maarten they take euros.

Does anyone take eastern caribbean dollars when travelling around the caribbean with cunard, Or do you take US dollars only ?

I just take US dollars. Euros are fine,too. In most cases change will be given in the type of currency you used.

Having small bills, and a bunch of $1s, is the way to minimize any risk of a merchant being unable to make change. Most things you'd buy with cash will be priced in whole dollars. Shops and supermarkets will almost always accept a credit card.

Using USD, we've never had a problem with being short changed in the Caribbean. The people we met were hardworking, honest people. Not likely to scam tourists since this is their livelihood and antithetical to their nature. However, it is not uncommon to receive change in local currency, but you most likely will be advised of this when paying in US Dollars.