SWA's New Flight Schedule into June, Anyone Else Disappointed in Offerings?

SWA's new flight schedule thru May from PIT to FLL = Good-bye Allure, Hello Oasis for us.

Something told me to not book a NR fare on the Allure until the airline schedules were released. Glad I did wait as today's SWA schedule release for my market stinks. :mad:

Not about to divert to New Orleans for an 8 hour trip when it only takes 2.5 hrs NS for us. Seriously, one NS flight a day on Sundays in April & it departs @ 9:30 am? :rolleyes:

MCO had a few NS eliminated but still 3 - 5 offered per day, various times early am to late pm.

We use SWA/CC rewards, will do the other discount airlines in a pinch, no luck there either. Ah well, nice surprise to find a great end Boardwalk cabin still open :hearteyes:even if the rate was higher than my previous booking.

Waiting for one of the big online agencies to get back to me to let me know what goodies I'm going to get after all the dust settles. Rarely, do we qualify for all they publicize but I'll take what I can get at this point lol.

Do hope the promo for soda/johnny rockets is still offered with new bookings for the Boardwalk cabins .

It will be interesting to see how their new booking system is going to change things as time moves on. It will be even more demand driven. I'm seeing all sorts of strange connections and multiple stops not previously listed.

Itineraries are based on bookings - that means there isn't a huge demand from PIT to FLL. Can't fault SWA for limiting direct flights if not enough people are buying the product.

I am sure there is a big demand for EWR to MCO, and yet most of the flights are long connecting ones. 1 or 2 NS.

My only guess is that people here do not want to deal with the preboarding/seat saving problems. I would rather pay more money than fight for a seat.

We were waiting to book our return flight to Detroit for our Easter cruise on Allure. We rolled the dice and booked the outbound knowing we had to wait a month to book the return. I was online early this morning and pulled up flight info within seconds after it became available. We didn't expect a great deal, but I was very disappointed to see the Wanna Get Away fares SOLD OUT for the day except morning flights. The only fares available were over $500 one way! We were kind of stuck and had to book a 10:10 am departure out of FLL with 2 stops! What a joke. I usually like Southwest, but I'm not happy with them at the moment.

I am sure there is a big demand for EWR to MCO, and yet most of the flights are long connecting ones. 1 or 2 NS.

My only guess is that people here do not want to deal with the preboarding/seat saving problems. I would rather pay more money than fight for a seat.

Possibly, but you also have 2 other large airports within 30 miles of EWR that do a lot more volume than EWR. Likely those two have more options and more affordable rates.

If there was demand for a route, Southwest would sell it.

I was expecting more flights on the Manchester NH to FLL. I bought today wasn't great price and both flights are 1 stop. But the flights from Boston were more and I like the no bag fees. That coupled with a 15 minute commute to the airport... makes it worth what I paid.

Charlotte (CLT) use to have non stops on SWA to MCO but no longer do. The flight is only an hour and a half but now they have connecting flight to Baltimore or Chicago with a total time of 7 and a half hours and on top of that the flights are no cheaper than the non stop flight I booked on American Airlines coming up on October!

I'm sure you checked, but what about Jet Blue? They've had the daily 7am(ish) flight to FLL from PIT for years. PIT is a tough market. Airlines are unwilling to invest and when they do, it's for a short trial period then they always end up cutting back. I generally like to look at flights from PIT first before booking a cruise. Obviously that's not always possible when booking so far in advance.

It's hard enough finding decent prices to fly anywhere, period. Glad we aren't concerned with finding non-stop flights that would make things even more difficult.

We got crushed for our upcoming March cruise. It's something that's never happened to us before on Southwest. Checked other airlines and they were no better even before factoring in baggage fees.

Flights from BWI (Baltimore) to Houston (Hobby) on SWA are out of this world high with only 2 or 3 nonstops and probably only one coming home that is in a good time. Will be close to 2 grand for 4 of us. Usually to FLL or MCO it's $1000 or less for us four. Seriously having second thoughts about sailing out of Galveston with the flights and transfers and the high cost of hotels there.

Same from PHL/MCO. Got up today to book our air but after seeing the offerings I passed and will wait and see what the future brings.

Bill

It's hard enough finding decent prices to fly anywhere, period. Glad we aren't concerned with finding non-stop flights that would make things even more difficult.

The price saved is not worth it to me to spend 7-8 hours flight time vs 2.5 hours for a NS. That doesn't include travel time to airport and waiting at the gate. Plus you have to worry about delays/missed connections, etc.

We fly out of St Louis and mainly rely on SWA as the other airlines have higher costs plus bag fees. It may be a pain but I check SWA fares daily and normally it pays off in a lower fare. Right now watching STL to FLL on return trip $377 each, 1 way in March. I hate paying that price but less than 2 years ago, I almost cancelled my San Juan Cruz on Adventure because R/T air for two was almost $1800. I waited it out and it went down to a little over $800 R/T for two.

I remember when there were no NS flights from EWR to MCO. Had to connect through St. Louis or somewhere else and the flight was over 7 hours. At least now they are offering a couple of NS flights.

I find JB out of EWR to be high as well (compared to some of the flights I took with them years ago that were dirt cheap), plus having the different cost tiers now if you want to check a bag is a pain.

I fly United most of the time now, but they've now introduced economy price tiers and I haven't had to try and figure out what happens to Explorer card holders who get free checked bags as part of the card benefits...do I have to book the standard economy or can I book the restricted economy? I've heard mixed things about people on the restricted tickets and the issue with checking to see if you have a carry on (and not being able to check in on line but needing to do that at the airport).

Flights from BWI (Baltimore) to Houston (Hobby) on SWA are out of this world high with only 2 or 3 nonstops and probably only one coming home that is in a good time. Will be close to 2 grand for 4 of us. Usually to FLL or MCO it's $1000 or less for us four. Seriously having second thoughts about sailing out of Galveston with the flights and transfers and the high cost of hotels there.

Same here! I booked the Liberty cruise several months back when it was super cheap, hoping the flights would reasonable. I will probably be canceling it going on the Anthem or Adventure instead. I can't justify that sky high cost of airfare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just booked a nonstop on Southwest from Nashville to Fort Lauderdale on April 15th for 60.00 Well pleased with that price !!

Wow, that's great! We're flying from BNA to MCO in October for something ridiculous, like $40 EA on Frontier, but the return is at 9:30 AM and I'm not going to chance it. Return flights are $400 PP for the return on SWA and there are 4 of us, so I guess we're driving back!

The schedule and pricing stink from FLL to Providence. The only non-stop flight is late in the day... 8:30 PM. I don't want to get home at 11:30 PM and that doesn't include getting out of the airport and travel time to home. Not happy at all with this. If Jet blue don't open up with a better schedule, and pricing, I may just cancel our end of April cruise on Freedom.

The schedule and pricing stink from FLL to Providence. The only non-stop flight is late in the day... 8:30 PM. I don't want to get home at 11:30 PM and that doesn't include getting out of the airport and travel time to home. Not happy at all with this. If Jet blue don't open up with a better schedule, and pricing, I may just cancel our end of April cruise on Freedom.

Jet Blue from Philly is even worse. No nonstops and they want over $800pp for a r/t flight from PHL to MCO in April.

That's crazy.

Bill