What to request from Concierge/Butler in Haven Suite

Disney323

This will be our 1st Norwegian Cruise & our 1st time in the Haven. We are going on Breakaway on 10/8. We just received our luggage tags & a letter saying that we can call or email concierge with any requests we may have. We have some reservations already & decided if those don't work out we'll just call concierge once on board. I know one thing we are going to request before boarding is to get regular pillows & not the down ones we heard they give to haven suites. I'm wondering if there are any other pre-cruise items you think we should request. We're really laid back people w/ 2 kids (ages 11 and 8). I know some people can get real greedy on what to ask for.

Thanks in advance.

~Andrea

You can call or email before your cruise but don't count on any of your requests being filled when you arrive in your cabin. We just returned from a suite on the Pearl and contacted the concierge dept via email several weeks before the cruise. None of our request were met but our butler quickly fulfilled our needs.

We did not ask for much. Empty the fridge, extra pillows and hot coco packs.

Your results may vary.

Don

This will be our 1st Norwegian Cruise & our 1st time in the Haven. We are going on Breakaway on 10/8. We just received our luggage tags & a letter saying that we can call or email concierge with any requests we may have. We have some reservations already & decided if those don't work out we'll just call concierge once on board. I know one thing we are going to request before boarding is to get regular pillows & not the down ones we heard they give to haven suites. I'm wondering if there are any other pre-cruise items you think we should request. We're really laid back people w/ 2 kids (ages 11 and 8). I know some people can get real greedy on what to ask for.

Thanks in advance.

~Andrea

We find the pre-concierge pretty useless. They offer you a selection of pillows and coffee (regular or decaf). We find it much more useful to meet and build a rapport with our room steward and butler.

We request bowls of gummy bears and M&Ms for the room. Clear the fridge and leave a pitcher of water (other ask for ice tea, flavored waters, or other beverages available at the restaurants). We ask our butler for special snacks above and beyond what he will bring by default every afternoon. One of our requests is a plate of PB&J sandwiches for us big kids.

Results do vary. Our pillow choices were fulfilled, and the fridge was emptied, as requested. When I called the pre-concierge to request that the fridge be emptied, I explained that I wanted to get bottled water right in the fridge upon arrival.

I've always had great experiences working with the pre-concierge. I usually ask for pillows of choice, fridge emptied, pitcher of water and iced tea daily and no daily treats. If your children like M&M's, cookies, etc., you can ask for them as well.

The mini fridge in cabins stocked with bottled water, sodas, snacks. etc. These are items they charge you extra for. (unless you are in an Owners Suite or above.) Most of us ask that these items be removed and have a fridge for our items. This way we are not charged extra at end of the cruise. Usually steward or butler puts all items in empty pillow case and removes them.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will definitely have them empty the fridge. I can't believe they can leave bowls of skittles & m&m's! Great idea for the pitcher of water!! I'm going to try the email route w/concierge & will bring my list once on board in case they don't follow through.

Thank you!!

I usually email the pre cruise concierge when I get the letter along with the luggage tags. They have sent me back a list of items to choose from and indicated I could add to the list. Pillow choices are on the list. I have always had things waiting for me as requested.

I didn't ask for anything ahead of time, but did have the butler clear out our fridge. She kept us stocked with ice, a pitcher of water, milk (for my toddler). We had breakfast and lunch daily in the Courtyard and would ask for extra yogurt to stock in our fridge. The butler kept a bowl of fresh fruit stocked in our room (which we ate in full every day) and brought afternoon snacks.

I'd reserved several dinners ahead of time, but found I wanted to rearrange it all. The concierge made all of that happen in a jiffy for us. She also called us when my 11 year old ran up the bill at the arcade. Since he's normally very good at self-limiting I was surprised - until I went to the arcade and saw how easy it was for him to just keep swiping away at $2 games. Pro-tip, have them put an arcade limit on your kids cards if you let them go. But I digress.

Basically, between the concierge, butler, pool valet (he was my favorite guy, ordering drinks from him was part of our beverage package) and cabin steward dotes on us and pretty much tried to make any wish/want happen.

Results do vary. Our pillow choices were fulfilled, and the fridge was emptied, as requested. When I called the pre-concierge to request that the fridge be emptied, I explained that I wanted to get bottled water right in the fridge upon arrival.

Maybe you get FREE bottled water, but you can no longer bring water aboard.:(

We've never had an issue with pre-concierge. Before my first suite cruise I did read a suggestion and have followed it ever since. If you send a requested list, print a copy and bring it so you can give it to the butler if something isn't taken care of. We've never had to use it but thought it was good advice. A lot of the suggestions above we have done. One thing we always ask for is fresh cream in the fridge for coffee. That's nice that it's kept fresh and full all cruise so we don't have to use crappy creamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Pearl in April in an Owner Suite, it was really hot one afternoon on our balcony. I asked our butler for a pitcher of Arnold Palmer. After that there was a pitcher of Arnold Palmer in our suite everyday with afternoon snacks. You can also request snacks based on an eating lifstyle you follow. We requested low carb snacks. We received deli meats plates (turkey, salami, roast beef, ham) with assorted cheeses, blueberries and chocolate covered strawberries. We were also brought pretzels and potato chips in addtion to gummies amd m&m's for shacks. We received club sandwiches in addition to the usual canapes and some delicious cookies. Not all low carb but it hit the spot. Our butler treated us very well.

Question for those previously in a suite/haven. Have any of you asked the butler to bring you a coffee/tea from the specialty coffee shop? I know this costs, happy to pay AND tip, just curious! Trying to think of things I'd really enjoy...

Question for those previously in a suite/haven. Have any of you asked the butler to bring you a coffee/tea from the specialty coffee shop? I know this costs, happy to pay AND tip, just curious! Trying to think of things I'd really enjoy...

Why not just make Nespresso in your suite?

My sister brought her own frother and we had lattes.

I am sailing in the Haven Aft Penthouse on the Getaway in late October. I would like to know if the mini fridge would accommodate a pitcher of tea, lemonade and milk? Also, is the coffee machine in the suite a nespresso machine or the larger machine with the milk steamer? Anyone have a list of the types of coffee available? And the brand/types of tea available? Thanks!

I am sailing in the Haven Aft Penthouse on the Getaway in late October. I would like to know if the mini fridge would accommodate a pitcher of tea, lemonade and milk? Also, is the coffee machine in the suite a nespresso machine or the larger machine with the milk steamer? Anyone have a list of the types of coffee available? And the brand/types of tea available? Thanks!
Yes, I usually have a pitcher of iced tea and a pitcher of ice water in the mini fridge. Sorry, don't drink coffee, so I can't answer your other questions.

Yes, I usually have a pitcher of iced tea and a pitcher of ice water in the mini fridge. Sorry, don't drink coffee, so I can't answer your other questions.

Thanks! I'm glad you said pitcher of iced tea, I didn't know we could do that..I am a huge tea drinker and before the rule changed I would bring my own, last cruise I drank way to much soda!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to grave dig a thread but do these requests (m&ms and special snacks) apply to all suites or just owners and up? There is very unclear information about how perks of suites are spread out. Thanks in advance
No, all suites; I cruise in an aft penthouse, but keep in mind a mini-suite is not considered a suite, so they don't get a Butler.

No, all suites; I cruise in an aft penthouse, but keep in mind a mini-suite is not considered a suite, so they don't get a Butler.

We are going to be in a penthouse and I know my wife would love the bowl of m&ms and we would love a pitcher of water and lemonade. Just didn't want to ask concierge and get an insane upcharge

We are going to be in a penthouse and I know my wife would love the bowl of m&ms and we would love a pitcher of water and lemonade. Just didn't want to ask concierge and get an insane upcharge

ALL suites, you can request a bowl of M&Ms and gummy bears from your butler. He will keep the bowls filled throughout your cruise.

ALL suites, you can request pitchers of water and lemonade in your mini fridge (assuming that you have asked your room steward to empty it).

ALL suites, you can request special snacks (we ask for PB&J at least once and canapes in addition to the normal daily snacks).

ALL suites will get a fresh fruit bowl (ask you butler for your favorite fruit).

In an owner's suite, you will also get 3 bottles of booze (of your choice), plus bottle water and sodas.

Minisuites are NOT suites.