Hawaii 2019, any thoughts

ljslight

I am planning a 2019 Hawaii cruise in the fall for my 40th anniversary. I used to work for an airline and have been to Hawaii 7 times and seen most of the touristy things. I have not been to Kauai and want that island in my cruise. For those who have been on the 14 to 15 day Hawaii cruise, what are your thoughts? I will be Platinum at the end of the Hawaii cruise!!!:hearteyes:

I will be Platinum at the end of the Hawaii cruise!!!:hearteyes:

If you're Platinum at the end then you're Platinum at the beginning. Check your boarding pass once you're checked in online and it should say PRIORITY if you make Platinum at any point during the sailing.

I leave on a 10-day sail to Hawaii in 2 weeks, anything you want me to keep an eye out for?

We've done the 15 day Hawaii itinerary twice. I want to do it again but Splendor can't go to Kauai and that's my favorite port. We're looking at either Princess, Holland or waiting..and hoping..that when Carnival replaces Splendor they will replace it with a ship that can port in Kauai and go back to their 15 day itinerary.

Rumor has it that the next ship will also be too big for Kauai.

If you decide to go on Princess, look for cruises that Elua are on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a 12-day cruise on the Spirit-flew to Honolulu and cruised back to Ensenada (with bus transfer to San Diego). Kauai was our favorite port -- we also overnighted in Maui which was great.

CC is awesome-I have been looking at the LA RT cruises and couldn't understand why they didn't port in Kauai - now I know!

We did Carnival Legend from Hawaii to Vancouver 11 day cruise in April. we got married in Hawaii so it was for our 35 anniversary.

It stopped in Kauai. We booked a photo tour that had a wedding photographer who knew a lot of secluded beaches and other great photo opportunities.

Was worried about rough seas in the 5 days in the Pacific to Vancouver but only had an hour of rougher seas on the last evening. I understand that this can be a crapshoot.

Downside of this cruise is that it did not go by the volcano side of Maui at sea.

Legend was older and showed its age a bit but was still good.

Hope you enjoy