Just off Anthem, Gluten Free

Had emailed the special services prior- had never done so previously and didn't seem to make a difference as nobody knew ahead of me telling them at every meal. No big deal- just wanted to give my experience.

WJ- loved having the GF section (way, way in back, it actually faces towards the back, first day we missed it)- but it wasn't open very often. For example; lunch time it wasn't open most days, wasn't open early or late at breakfast. Found very little to eat (one can only eat salad for lunch and dinner so many days in a row).

Solarium Bistro was only open from 9:30-1:30 for brunch- had to ask for the GF bread which took some time to receive.

Cafe 270 for breakfast was a no go- had absolutely nothing besides cereal for me, and they did not have dairy free milk so again it was a no go. If you're not dairy free and ok with corn flakes or Cheerios then you're find. Lunch the salad was ok.

Coastal Kitchen at dinner- very accommodating.

Jamie's Italian- very accommodating except for dessert, 1st night I couldn't even eat it- on 2nd night the (different) waiter said he "wouldn't let " me eat the only GF dessert on the menu and went to the MDR for the GF dessert of the night.

Chops- accommodating.

Wonderland- I was very worried about this dining experience but it was wonderful!!! Highly recommend!

Johnny Rockets- have GF buns and milkshake are GF but not the fries as they are cooked with the onion rings.

Sorrentos- made me my very own pizza, it was better then some I've had at local places.

Never had room service so can't comment. I did take my prepackaged snacks onshore- for those of you with dietary allergies you well know that it's much easier said than done to just "find something onshore to eat".

I'm happy to answer any questions. Hope this was helpful.

A different ship, but we were just on Harmony and had dinner at Wonderland with my SIL who is gluten free. I agree the restaurant is excellent in providing gluten free. Almost any item we had, Wonderland was able to serve gluten free.

:eek: how is that possible when virtually everyone here says that the pizza on board is the worst?

LOL, no idea, I live in S. Florida so that maybe why? I just tried a new place last night and it was horrible, just ate the toppings and even told my dh "Sorrentos was better than this!"

We LOVED the GF crepes and pancakes in the Windjammer every morning. We did not request that they prepare many items separately GF for dinner - but they were very accommodating when asked. There was a lot of confusion trying to get GF in 270 for a roast beef sandwich. We LOVED the meringue cookies in the windjammer. We felt that there were plenty of GF options for us - but we only have intolerance.

You'd think so but there are actual lab tests a person can take to show a variety of reasons why wheat-based compounds may not be biocompatible with that person.

For example, 1%-2% of people are celiac to some degree, some worse than others.

As I said, I have a gliadin issue -- in a small minority of the population, gliadin works as an opiate. This isn't myth or fake science, either. When I was a wheat eater, I weighed 90# more, I was obese. I tried every exercise or diet possible but not until I just stopped eating gliadin (in wheat) did I actually lose all the weight -- without diet or exercise.

There are also people who are FODMAP sensitive, again you can be tested for this. Wheat isn't a FODMAP but certain forms of wheat are -- sourdough bread is fine, but other wheat products may be high in FODMAPs.

If you think you're sensitive, celiac, etc, just go get tested and see. Plus you can also do a self study and see if you feel better and look better free of wheat.

I've been wheat-free for 12 years. Went from 220# to 140# in 3 years just cutting wheat. 6-pack abs because of a small dietary change with no work.

Thank you!!

I had tested positive for a wheat allergy a few years ago, but never cut anything out because I didn't think I was reacting to it.

Fast forward to last May when I asked my general doctor what her thoughts were on cutting out gluten to help reduce belly fat and she looked at me and asked if I'd ever been tested for a wheat allergy. See, I have "reactive airway" which is basically asthma that only acts up if I have something else respiratory going on and I'm on symbicort once a day plus I have a rescue inhaler because my air flow has never been what she's wanted it to be - even though I've felt "normal" because that was how I'd always been pretty much. When I said that I *had* tested positive she said "Let's go gluten-free and see what that does to the air flow and need for the rescue inhaler."

Over a year after going GF I barely have to use the inhaler, and my air flow is much better than it used to be.

So I react to it in my lungs - though having been off any gluten for over a year, I am in no rush to "experiment" and see what my gut does.

(I also have a friend who reacts to MSG with horrid migraines - and it is not "all in her head" as once she had food that was supposedly safe, got a huge migraine that was exactly how she'd reacted to MSG before, asked, and then found out that there actually had been MSG in something she was served.)

Do the still have the Gf udi cookies to give you at the WJ and in the cafés? Two years ago we went on the Allure in the Mediterranean and I had an awful experience. While the rest of the family could have a nice snack sandwich or cake from the café and room service menu for example I had to settle with fresh fruit. One of the best things on a Cruise is the food. They did´t have a GF corner at WJ then but they started on the last day of our cruise.. maybe because I complained so much? The GF pizza at Sorrentos only came without topping , only with tomato sauce and cheese. Is it allowed to choose topping now? I´m going on Harmony in a couple of months. Does anyone have experience from the glutenfree options available there?

The GF pizza at Sorrentos only came without topping , only with tomato sauce and cheese. Is it allowed to choose topping now? I´m going on Harmony in a couple of months. Does anyone have experience from the glutenfree options available there?

I haven't been on the Harmony but last week on Anthem I could only get my GF pizza with extra cheese.