Who are these people?

goldenrod

As for the speedo or thong - is the camara shooting from the front or the back. I don't even have gray hair and I don't need a walker, but seeing a few folks that looked more normal in any ad these days works for me. I use to write to open table all the time to complain about that it appeared only people under 30 that had three close friends that were not from the same ethnic group of them went out to dinner. Funny now they show the skyline of the area instead!

Received a new Regent brochure today and I'm where are the folks I usually see on Regent? I don't remember seeing all these 30, 40, & 50 GQ types! Where are all the overweight folk like me with no hair? And the late 60's, 70, & 80 year olds did they fall overboard? I feel it's very insulting when they only display pictures of the so called beautiful people. If it weren't for us Regent would be broke in a year! Please be more representative in your material of those of us that are your real passengers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you noticed that the silver-hair gentleman in the Regent ads is also in ****** ads - with a different woman!

One model cheating on another model?

My DH might qualify with his full head of gray hair. I haven't seen my normal hair color since I was about 13 (a heck of a long time ago). It seems that if Regent puts on young people, older people may not want to sail on their ships. The opposite is the same if they put on older passengers. And, can you imagine if their were children on the front cover???

OTOH, they could put on a group photo with everyone in Regent bathrobes:D

Phew!! This thread has reassured me. We are taking our first Regent cruise next year, having become rather disillusioned with Celebrity. The new 'Cruise Atlas' (I noted that it is not a brochure!) had me worrying that I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe, and lose a ton of weight in preparation. Good to know that I can enjoy Christmas without worrying about the calories or the cost!!

Just curios what has caused you to become disillusioned with Celebrity we love the Solstice class ships and have always had excellent service and good food of course not up to Regent quality but very good for a mass market cruise line. Regent used to be a lot more formal we like the more casual atmospher like it is now , not like those GQ dummy's in the brochures signed OLD FAT AND HAPPY!

One model cheating on another model?

My DH might qualify with his full head of gray hair. I haven't seen my normal hair color since I was about 13 (a heck of a long time ago). It seems that if Regent puts on young people, older people may not want to sail on their ships. The opposite is the same if they put on older passengers. And, can you imagine if their were children on the front cover???

OTOH, they could put on a group photo with everyone in Regent bathrobes:D

Hi, Travelcat2 have been reading your blog on your current cruise, very informative, thanks. As far as your hubby's full head of hair I'm jealous, I was pretty much bald by 35 my wife on the other hand is 69 and has no grey hair! Drives her friends nuts. I do wish Regent would be more realistic in their catalogues and at least show a more true mix of travelers.

Hi, Travelcat2 have been reading your blog on your current cruise, very informative, thanks. As far as your hubby's full head of hair I'm jealous, I was pretty much bald by 35 my wife on the other hand is 69 and has no grey hair! Drives her friends nuts. I do wish Regent would be more realistic in their catalogues and at least show a more true mix of travelers.

Okay - now you have made me jealous of your wife:D. I think that my hair - under the dye is at least party grey but I won't let it grow out and don't want to see it. While I am not a vain woman, I wear make-up 365 days/year and dye my hair to whatever my preferred color makes me happy at the time. BTW, I think that bald men are sexy!

Just curios what has caused you to become disillusioned with Celebrity we love the Solstice class ships and have always had excellent service and good food of course not up to Regent quality but very good for a mass market cruise line. Regent used to be a lot more formal we like the more casual atmospher like it is now , not like those GQ dummy's in the brochures signed OLD FAT AND HAPPY!

We have enjoyed cruises on both S and M classships until fairly recently. Unfortunately, the relentless cutbacks, which I'm sure are happening on all lines, have startedto get to us. A couple of years ago we started to notice things that we hadpreviously enjoyed were no longer available - especially on the entertainmentside. We had 2 cruises last year and things were even more noticeable - waitingover an hour for the pool butler to return with our drinks order, lunch in thebuffet finished before the drinks order arrived, same in the theatre - wellinto the programme before drinks arrived. We took to getting our own, butwhat's the point of having a service that doesn't deliver? It went on and on.Staff seriously stressed all over the ship, trying to do a good job, but quitesimply, just not enough of them. Our cruise last Nov was what really tipped thebalance for us. Apart from all of the above, X really messed up with regard toshore excursions, to the point that we missed the highlight of the cruise. Itturned out that this really was down to poor communication between X andimmigration, but rather than owning up to their part in the fiasco, X shruggedtheir shoulders and denied any culpability. Now I know things can go wrong, butif a company can't be honest with me, then I'm afraid I'm not overly keen to dobusiness with them. So, we did our sums and have discovered that Regent isactually only marginally more expensive than X when everything is factored in.Looking forward to a new experience! I'm sure we will sail with X again.(whenI've got over my pique!) - in fact just back from a great Alaska experiencewith them which was already booked prior to the port debacle. But, I have tosay, the cut backs were even more noticeable this year than last.