Panama Canal during hurricane season

Pirouette

We leave next week from San Francisco to New York on the Mariner. We have never cruised at this time of year before. We did encounter rough seas many years ago from Mexico to San Diego. We hit a bad storm and the waves were up to the restaurant level windows on the Diamond Princess, a very large ship. We always choose a midship stateroom and have done the same on Mariner.

I am not terribly worried about the Pacific side of our cruise but am feeling a little anxious about the leg from Cartagena-Nassau- New York. We have four sea days with a stop in Nassau. We arrive in New York on Sept 27th. What can we expect for sea conditions?

It could happen, but I would think Regent being who they are would be able to handle it, even if it means stopping the cruise until it passes. Regent been around awhile, they know what to do at the port and once they cruise.

We were on cruise from Australia to New Zealand in January when we missed Milford sound due to a typhoon that seemed to chase us. It was a wild ride but I was never scared. I felt in good hands and luckily we don't get seasick. Hard to get dressed without losing balance but captain had it well in control.

We leave next week from San Francisco to New York on the Mariner. We have never cruised at this time of year before. We did encounter rough seas many years ago from Mexico to San Diego. We hit a bad storm and the waves were up to the restaurant level windows on the Diamond Princess, a very large ship. We always choose a midship stateroom and have done the same on Mariner.

I am not terribly worried about the Pacific side of our cruise but am feeling a little anxious about the leg from Cartagena-Nassau- New York. We have four sea days with a stop in Nassau. We arrive in New York on Sept 27th. What can we expect for sea conditions?

Very far out for anyone to make solid predictions but keep an eye on developing Hurricane Irma.

on cruise from Australia to New Zealand in January when we missed Milford sound due to a typhoon that seemed to chase us.

Just for future reference there are no Typhoons in the South Pacific - they're called Cyclones down here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon

Was that early January by any chance? We missed Dunedin and Milford Sound in late December due to bad weather in that region and headed to Sydney for NYE via Picton on Crystal Symphony