Jaguar Sanctuary: Port Limon, Costa Rica

cr8tiv1

I'm posting this thread on the Princess Page because I am not getting any replies from the Costa Rica Port Page.

On my bucket list has been the Jaguar Sanctuary in Limon. The Island, Coral, and Pacific Princesses have stopped here on their North to South Panama itineraries. The Caribbean will also do a round trip from FLL.

So here are my problems:

Jaguar Sanctuary is 1- 1.5 hours away from port. Not trusting to get a taxi/private hire to take me and return me to the port in time.

The two Tour Companies I trusted will not be running a group out there.

Princess has the Sloth Sanctuary, but for personal reasons, do not want to take this tour.

Any suggestions or advice would be truly appreciated by those that have stopped here.

Are there any Princess tours that you have taken in Limon that will give me, maybe, sighting of monkeys, sloths, mammals, etc?

Many thanks for your input.

I have taken a couple versions of the boat ride on the river excursion and seen Howler Monkeys, sloths, and toucans at fairly close distance.

Thank you for this suggestion. It is my back up plan. This is the one on the "Amazon River of Costa Rica" Canal...right?

Check with the folks at Syltravel day tours. They are quick to respond and highly rated. They treated us like family, not cattle. Perhaps they can throw together a custom tour for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for this recommendation. I have an inquiry to their company and waiting for a reply.

bl413

Today 04:52 PM

My best advice is get out of Limon port area -- we did a private tour with lunch to the Sloth Sanctuary -- wet rocky road -- depressing sanctuary.

Thank you for your honest comments. The independent reviews and recommendations from local guides discouraged me from visiting the Sloth Sanctuary. Thus my reluctancy to take this tour. I was really excited about it until I read how the animals were being treated and cared for.