Airline Arrangements

JoanneCam

Has anyone used the airline arrangements made by Windstar? Were they convenient or did they send you all over the world with multiple connections? Were you allowed to extend your stay or go a few days before the cruise? Thanks. Joanne

I didn't use them on my trip last year because what Windstar offered us was at like 5:30 am and with stops, so we booked our own and got direct. On our trip in 3 weeks we had Windstar book them, they are still early morning but with only one stop (same as we could get on our own). Yes you can book to fly in a few days early or leave later, we are flying in 2 days early.

Susan

We always make our own flight reservations.

By making your own reservations you are able to control the flights and airlines that you take. From what I have heard, the costs through Windstar are really no better than booking on your own.

It is a small point, but everyone should consider the FF miles that you can gain by booking on the airline of your choice. Even if you only fly once a year, the miles do add up and you can gain free flights or nights in a hotel for next to nothing.

Archived