Spirit disembarkation?

737swapilot

Hello all, I have a quick question about what to expect during the disembarkation process on the silver spirit. I am trying to book a car and hotel and would like to know what to expect as to when we need to be out of room and off the ship. Thx

Based on our June experience for departing the Silver Spirit in Rouen, France, things were fairly easy and simple for getting off of the ship. You tell them as to how early or late in the am you want to depart. As I re-call, we were required to be out of our room by 8:30 am at the latest. You will get a color-code as to when you baggage will be ready and outside in the shore-side area. Your choice as to your personal needs as to whether you seek to be getting off of the ship around 7 am, 8 am or 9 am. Or, in those various time ranges. Which port will you be departing? Things can vary locally as to the cabs available there, how close are the car rental options, etc. Any other Silver Spirit questions?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Just finished June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Hello all,

I have a quick question about what to expect during the disembarkation process on the silver spirit. I am trying to book a car and hotel and would like to know what to expect as to when we need to be out of room and off the ship.

Thx

You will normally have to disembark the ship by 10:00am. Terry is correct about departing your room by 08:30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

very rare but it happens..... The Ft. Lauderdale disembarkation in March became a nightmare when the Customs (?), Immigration (?) computer system broke down & we all had to sit on board waiting for resolution. It was about 10:30 before disembarkation began & there were some on board who had early flights. Again, after dozens of cruises, this was a first but Murphy's Law says that when you book an early flight, this will happen. Otherwise, disembarkation is a non-issue. Just a question of tearing yourselves away from the ship kicking & screaming. You'll be disembarking in Barcelona? And staying on? So this probably isn't an issue since you normally can't check in that early anyway...but the hotel will, of course, check your luggage so you can sight see. Taxis are plentiful & you'll probably be at the pier that only services small ships. Both the Palace & the Meridien allowed us to check in very early which was wonderful...but certainly not guaranteed. You can always e-mail or call the hotel in advance & request early check-in.

We just disembarked yesterday in Athens. Bags needed packed and outside door by 11:00PM the night before, had to be out of room by 8:30.

We enjoyed one last buffet breakfast before meeting in the show lounge by 8:15AM. We initially planned to just get a taxi, but SS offered a $79 tour that took us around the city and on top of Acropolis. They offered this option for people who used either of their preferred hotels or who were leaving the airport after 3:00PM. We already had reservations on our own at the Grande Bretagne. In hindsight, it may have been almost a better deal booking the hotel through them on the last day.

Who knows, worked out...we checked in by 1:00PM and my wife and daughter enjoyed the spa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk