Specialty restaurant reservations

sbhtax

I am booked on a 14 day cruise from Barcelona to Rome starting on May 3, 2018. The cruise is also offered as two 7 day back to back cruises. On the 7 day cruise, I can make one reservation in each restaurant. On the 14 day cruise, I can only make one reservation in each restaurant. Seems unfair. Should I cancel the 14 and rebook as two 7's?. Would I get two reservations in each?

The first question we need answered is your room category ... because that affects the number of reservations you can have in the specialty restaurants.

Now, as to your real question -- I'm no expert here, especially since we don't value the specialty restaurants as much s others do. But it DOES seem strange that you only get one reservation on a 14 day cruise when you are on a B2B (and would be eligible for 2 reservations per restaurant if the legs were counted separately).

Others will chime in, I'm sure!

Bear in mind that depending on demand, you might well get extra reservations when on board. Not everyone takes all seats by booking online. They reserve a reasonable number of reservations for people who don't "do computers". And if your passenger complement has lots of people like us who don't use all the reservations we could ... then you can get extras.

Then again, if people on your two segments are as eager as you seem to be for specialty reservations ...

I think you get my drift!

Mura

Penthouse

Not the same but you can always get served course by course in your suite

You should talk to who you booked the cruise with & see if you can change to 2 separate booking numbers unless you booked a grand voyage

Oceania has been changing the rules on B2B's they want to have one booking number but I prefer to get the separate cruise credits :)

Not the same but you can always get served course by course in your suite

You should talk to who you booked the cruise with & see if you can change to 2 separate booking numbers unless you booked a grand voyage

Oceania has been changing the rules on B2B's they want to have one booking number but I prefer to get the separate cruise credits :)

Yes I'd think the separate cruise credits would be the most important thing to me. Rick

We had the same situation last November. Barcelona to Rome to Venice, booked as one 14 day cruise because the pricing worked best when the comparison was made to 2 - 7 day cruises (doesn't often happen that way). We were able to make 4 restaurant reservations for the first 7 day cruise, 4 for the second 7 day. Made the reservations all at one time when the reservations opened for the first cruise.

a. once the 14 days is also sold as 2x7 then yes, maybe you can.

b. "maybe" because you can only rebook if your cabin category has a stateroom available. If there is no availability in your category and you are not in a penalty phase then maybe move up to get more plus the two vs. one cruise benefit.

c. price it out. it might cost more as 2x7 but the benefits that are important to you could be worth the cost increase, if any

Your TA will get you all the info to make a decision.