Pacific Eden

megsie

We did try on the Saturday - too late - then of course it was Mothers day on Sunday - which we tried hard to get in, to no avail. We didn't try for Monday, only the Saturday and the "special day". We may have got in on the Monday, but we didn't bother as we were getting off on the Tuesday. You can book it from your cabin in the morning - which we did try Sat & Sunday. It was a 4 day'er with a special day, maybe on "normal" days you may not have to book, doesn't hurt to check though.

If we are lucky enough to get the cruises out of Freo again - we will book. We were only trying for the nights - so I may have been a bit misleading - not on purpose of course;p

Yes they get quite busy at times but we have always been able to be seated with in 20 minutes or so without booking. As you said, Mothers day and such would have had things booked up.

Regarding the library, there is a book trolley in the atrium deck 6 where you can swap books. There are plenty of quiet bars for reading during the day. I forgot to mention in my review that the beds were the absolute best ever. I have never had such a comfy bed, I wish I had checked the make and model. I slept like a baby. The wine probably helped lol

I think they kept the HAL beds. They are superb. After our first HAL cruise, the first thing we did when we got home was buy a new bed as we had forgotten how wonderful a good bed felt and the difference it makes. I think HAL actually sell those mattresses, and we have been tempted. My husband slept through a typhoon on our first cruise.