Oxygen

tjcletsgo

Good morning. My travel buddy needs to be on oxygen at night. It's a small concentrator/mini-suitcase unit. She has a kinda long leash and at home she puts it outside her room in the hall. I was thinking she could put it on the balcony. She's afraid of it being in the "elements". Does anybody have any ideas, the sucker is kinda loud,

Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

This is from HAL's website:

"You are welcome, however, to bring yourown oxygen and/or oxygen equipment from your home. Please notethat our staff and crew are not permitted to handle your oxygen and/or oxygen equipment during the embarkation and disembarkationprocess, thus you must be able to handle your supplies if you bringyour own. Please contact the Access & Compliance Departmentprior to sailing if you will require oxygen while on your cruise."

Here's the contact info:

Access & Compliance Department Phone: 1-800-547-8493 (locally at 1-206-626-7044)

TTY: 1-800-254-8669

Email: halw_access@hollandamerica.com

Your balcony does not sound like the most secure solution.

Safe travels

Good morning. My travel buddy needs to be on oxygen at night. It's a small concentrator/mini-suitcase unit. She has a kinda long leash and at home she puts it outside her room in the hall. I was thinking she could put it on the balcony. She's afraid of it being in the "elements". Does anybody have any ideas, the sucker is kinda loud,

Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

My DW has been renting concentrators for HAL cruises since 2008. You can rent an oxygen concentrator from "Special Needs at Sea: or "Care Vacations" that is very quiet. It will be in your stateroom when you board the ship. It is very quiet.

You would not want it in the hallway, even if it was allowed...which it's not. Any 'prankster" could mess with it. It's going to have to be in the cabin, somewhere...perhaps the closet???

Another question...is it SUPPOSED to be that loud? If not, perhaps having it serviced would quiet it down! I know there can be a wide range of "noisy-ness" with medical equipment, even within the same type of equipment!

I have used my oxygen on many cruises. If you rent they have a quiet one. I would not put outside for reason mentioned above (door)' or in a closet, since the concentrator needs room air and could over heat in closet. You also have to access a plug. Agree you should call HAL, since you do have to fill out form for oxygen use. Call Access and Compliance.