what's at amber cove?

realnurse2

The pool area was great but overall I was disappointed with this port.

Another CCL development. There were a lot of flies ! In fact there were so many flies that they hitched a ride with us on the Koningdam; took 2-3 days to get rid of them. Really bad at Lido Restaurant.

The pool area was great but overall I was disappointed with this port.

Another CCL development. There were a lot of flies ! In fact there were so many flies that they hitched a ride with us on the Koningdam; took 2-3 days to get rid of them. Really bad at Lido Restaurant.

I'd forgotten about all those flies. They were terrible.

I enjoyed the day there but it is a man made port.

It will be better to ask in a few days about Amber Cove. Hurricane Irma is heading that way. Hopefully, they will all be safe and do not suffer severe damage.

Sandra

I'd have to agree. We were there last December and found a nice beach front bar where one could sit inside or on the beach with great wait staff.

I remember the discussion here about the flies. They seem to appear after a lot of rain. We had none. I like the port more than Grand Turk. I'm sure Carnival Corp will have it up and running regardless of Irma's damage.

I will be there in November. Can anyone who has been there lately give a brief description about what there is to see and do?Thanks!
Probably not much after Irma goes through. We're on an Eastern Carib itinerary in Nov visiting Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas, and HMC, all of which are going to get smacked by Irma. It'll be interesting to see what they get accomplished in the 2 months before our cruise.

We're going back to San Juan to look at real estate and vacation in Jan, so we'll be able to see progress at 2 and 4 months out. Our prayers are with the whole region.