Irma/ 9-11 departure

Linda0104

I'm supposed to leave Miami on Monday 9/11. Current models show Irma hitting Miami on Sunday. What are the odds that I'll get to leave? If they change embarkment ports, can I cancel and get a refund? What if flights into Miami are cancelled? Anyone have experience with this?

I'm supposed to leave Miami on Monday 9/11. Current models show Irma hitting Miami on Sunday. What are the odds that I'll get to leave? If they change embarkment ports, can I cancel and get a refund? What if flights into Miami are cancelled? Anyone have experience with this?

Keep an eye on NCL.com for updates. They are pretty good about keeping the weather alert box current with information.

Hopefully you have good insurance coverage for this cruise that covers cancelled flights, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

We're on the 9/11 Sky to Cuba also. We were planning on driving from Charleston SC to Miami on Sunday, but at this point we don't even know if that will be safe. Does anyone have any idea what an alternate itinerary might look like for this cruise?

It would be all speculation here on CC what NCL will do to itinerary.

The only certain thing is they will keep passengers, crew and ship away from any imminent weather.

If they change embarkment ports, can I cancel and get a refund? What if flights into Miami are cancelled?

I I don't think either of those situations would get you a refund from NCL. If you have some kind of trip insurance (either purchased or coverage through credit card you paid with) you should be able to get money back.

I I don't think either of those situations would get you a refund from NCL. If you have some kind of trip insurance (either purchased or coverage through credit card you paid with) you should be able to get money back.

Our flights for our 8/19 cruise were cancelled due to weather. Since we always fly in the day before we had a bit of a buffer, but it was tight getting everyone rebooked. I ultimately ended up paying $651/pp for two seats on a flight with a different airline. Travel insurance is covering under a flight delay so I'll get $300 from them and I got the $300 refunded from the original flight I booked that the airline cancelled. So two one-way tickets from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale ended up costing $700 OOP.

There were quite a few people who joined the cruise at the first port. From what we heard they were all caught up in the same mess we were. I don't know if the airline they originally booked rebooked them through to St. Maarten or if they had to pay the difference.

NCL has been very good so far about cancellations and refunds. The biggest issue will be infrastructure damage in Miami. At this time all you can do is be patient, but if the predictions are even close to accurate you aren't getting to south Florida early next week.

DO THE RIGHT THING NCL! QUIT YOUR GREED. there are no updates on the 9.11 Sky sailing. Do they not realize people have to get to Miami? We are 5 days out for goodness sakes. This is crazy! Cancel the cruise - good faith means everything.

Quit your greed? How absurd. Have you not already read about other cruise cancellations and the compensation NCL is giving out, which they were not required to? Be patient, you will get your news. Meanwhile, go look at the thread of the live video feed from St Maarten and you will see people with much bigger problems than a cancelled cruise. :rolleyes:

Check NCL.com.. Update on Irma .

Cruises to be sailing out of Miami -(Escape and Sky) cancelled. Money refunded.with credit for future.

Read news release....impressed with NCL and what they are doing for passengers.

I've been watching the releases -- for days. We have to be in Miami Sunday and it's impossible to get there. I'm glad they're taken care of others, but the passengers on this cruise are getting hosed.

It's not even known if the cruise port will be useable on Monday. It's got to be frustrating, but s%#t happens as a result of the biggest Atlantic hurricane ever blowing through. Your gripes seem petty. You'll get your answer in time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not even known if the cruise port will be useable on Monday. It's got to be frustrating, but s%#t happens as a result of the biggest Atlantic hurricane ever blowing through. Your gripes seem petty. You'll get your answer in time.

1) That's rude and unnecessary

2) There's no need to make this into a personal attack.

3) I don't understand why asking procedural questions "what happens if?" to a community with experience cruising could be considered petty. That would be the purpose of conversing with a community.

We're on the 9/11 Sky to Cuba also. We were planning on driving from Charleston SC to Miami on Sunday, but at this point we don't even know if that will be safe. Does anyone have any idea what an alternate itinerary might look like for this cruise?

Personally, I don't think anyone has a real idea about anything until it is past and the damage it leaves behind can be determined. And if the track projection is correct, a trip down Sunday would be straight into the face of it moving up the Fla coast and into 140 mph winds, torrential rains. You would be driving into the mandatory evacuation track I think. Not even sure yet as to what damage Cuba will have.