NCL Sky 9/11 cruise update

Lovetocruisefar

Booked for Sky cruise on 9/11

I have absolutely no idea what to do, i am supposed to fly in on Saturday to Miami.

Will the Ship even sail? I just cant see this ship taking off.

I dont have insurance, my health and safety is wayyyyyy more important than Cuba.

What should i do?

I don't think you are going to have a choice. Unless something major changes in the hurricanes forecast, you aren't flying into Miami this weekend. NCL is sending the Sky to sea on the evening of the 8th. They don't know where it is going or when it will be back. If the storm does as expected, you can plan on your cruise being canceled with a 100% refund plus a discount on a future cruise.

Watch the NCL web site for details.

Over the past 24 hours, model guidance has moved the center of the NHC's "cone" that projects likely future path of storm from between Cuba and the Keys to the east coast of Florida.

Model guidance is quite uncertain today - Wednesday - for where the storm will be on Saturday through Monday. I wouldn't expect NCL to make any decisions about Monday's departure until tomorrow at the earliest and more likely Friday, when impact on Florida should be more certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO. Are u still goin? Because this weather not looking good. I don't know what to do yet. Hotel called me and said there are closing tomorrow, and the only people that will be allowed in the property will be the National Guard and Fema. My flight was cancelled too

You don't know what to do yet? Cat 5 hurricane, hotel closing, FEMA and the National Guard moving in, flight cancelled, airport closing.

Hmm....what to do, what to do? ;p

I agree with Pawley2. I am also on cruise that leaves Sept 11. Many of us have to drive or fly to Miami where shelves are empty and gas is in short supply. I live several states away - how can I plan? No one wants to be in Miami right now. Cruise ships can be rocky even in calm waters - why risk hurricane strength wind and surf? This would be my first time on NCL - I have been on Carnival, Princess, and Holland America...but this not knowing is very upsetting. I agree they should cancel now and let us rebook later.

Can they worry about the ships/crew/passengers that they currently have on board before they have to deal with next week and the aftermath? All of these complaints about cancelling a cruise when people are dead and lives are completely uprooted.

Make a decision for yourself that is best for you and your safety. Don't wait for a corporation to do it. Some are already calling them greedy and self-serving - then why would you wait for them to make a decision?I If you booked a cruise in hurricane season you have to be ready to change plans. Put on your big girl pants and figure out what you need to do.

Can they worry about the ships/crew/passengers that they currently have on board before they have to deal with next week and the aftermath? All of these complaints about cancelling a cruise when people are dead and lives are completely uprooted.

Make a decision for yourself that is best for you and your safety. Don't wait for a corporation to do it. Some are already calling them greedy and self-serving - then why would you wait for them to make a decision?I If you booked a cruise in hurricane season you have to be ready to change plans. Put on your big girl pants and figure out what you need to do.

Posts have been removed from this thread and those were the ones to which my post was directed.