Drinks packages

dartnut

Cruise ship drinks packages tend to be expensive and sometimes hard to justify. The last cruise we went on they were included in the package, it was a 16 nights Panama Canal. We found it to be very convenient more than anything. I guess the question to ask yourself is. Am I likely to consume 5 or 6 drinks a day (which appears to be the break even point,) or am I going to get my money's worth by over indulging and going for the Champaign and orange juice for breakfast, the glass of wine at meal times, the cold beers around the pool, and the Irish Creams for a night cap. Decisions decisions. To hell with it, we are on vacation after all !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What's the difference between the "Signature" and "Elite" packages? I understand the signature package is limited to drinks costing no more than $9 (although I think I've heard that is now $8) with any drinks over the limit charged to your account with no benefit from the package. Since I prefer better booze, I think that sucks.

What's the difference between the "Signature" and "Elite" packages? I understand the signature package is limited to drinks costing no more than $9 (although I think I've heard that is now $8) with any drinks over the limit charged to your account with no benefit from the package. Since I prefer better booze, I think that sucks.

It's $9 for the SBP and $15 for the EBP. What do you normally drink?

Cruise ship drinks packages tend to be expensive and sometimes hard to justify. The last cruise we went on they were included in the package, it was a 16 nights Panama Canal. We found it to be very convenient more than anything. I guess the question to ask yourself is. Am I likely to consume 5 or 6 drinks a day (which appears to be the break even point,) or am I going to get my money's worth by over indulging and going for the Champaign and orange juice for breakfast, the glass of wine at meal times, the cold beers around the pool, and the Irish Creams for a night cap. Decisions decisions. To hell with it, we are on vacation after all !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like your attitude! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Hi,

I have a query re the Drinks Packages. I am about to preorder the Elite Package for our forthcoming cruise on the Volendam in February.

On the order form, it asked where I wanted it delivered with the Stateroom being the only option. Does HAL operate these packages differently from the likes of Celebrity and MSC where the relevant package is annotated on your Cruise card?

Thanks.

Hi Goody --

Now, I have never pre-ordered a Beverage Package, but they do for sure link it to your card.

I just went through the process, up to the form you referred to, and I see what the "deal" is -- this is also the form for buying a gift (like, flowers or single bottles of champagne, etc) for yourself or others on a cruise. So just choose the first day and your stateroom, and all should be fine.

We enjoy Margaritas, a good dry Prosecco, I will sometimes have a Martini. And I really like a good 12 year old blended Scotch (I prefer Dewars 12).

Those are all covered. Some of your higher end tequilas and single malts are not. You should be able to find lists of what you can and cannot get in threads here.

Hi Goody --

Now, I have never pre-ordered a Beverage Package, but they do for sure link it to your card.

I just went through the process, up to the form you referred to, and I see what the "deal" is -- this is also the form for buying a gift (like, flowers or single bottles of champagne, etc) for yourself or others on a cruise. So just choose the first day and your stateroom, and all should be fine.

Thanks for that. I thought that would be the case, however it was the bit about delivery to the Stateroom that had me wondering.