Caribbean aid

deliver42

RCCL is sending 4 ships, and NCL at least one, to the islands with aid. I haven't heard of Carnival sending anything. Can they be so callous.

While I wont bash them because I have no idea of the specifics of what the ships were/are doing, I will give kudos to sending the ships to assist (I assume they are ferrying Americans back to mainland)?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

RCCL is sending 4 ships, and NCL at least one, to the islands with aid. I haven't heard of Carnival sending anything. Can they be so callous.

People have been dealing with hurricanes in the Caribbean for hundreds of years. You would be surprised how resourceful people can be on their own. I do not see that it is the responsibility of cruise lines to do anything. If they do something, fine, but, no, I do not think allowing people to figure things out on their own is callous.

Carnival Fasination? on way with humanitarian aid. Another ship heading to Grand Turk later this week. Officials of Carnival have contacted the effected islands asking what they want. They will send it.

Read John Heald latest post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival Fasination? on way with humanitarian aid. Another ship heading to Grand Turk later this week. Officials of Carnival have contacted the effected islands asking what they want. They will send it.

Read John Heald latest post.

Huh, maybe they are not so callous after all.

CCL has had a long history of sending aid to Islands in time of need. If they follow their normal policy once ships start returning on cruises. Not only will they bring supplies but off duty crew will go ashore to help with clean up and rebuilding.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Forums mobile app

I just don't understand the need to bash a company because one doesn't know the full story. I can't think of one time that Carnival hasn't stepped up to help one of the Caribbean Island when it was ravaged by Hurricane or Earthquake. In this time of devastation can some of us quit the whole "my daddy is better than your daddy" arguments we had as kids.

I am sure there won't be a cruise line that doesn't help in this time of need.

Hi all,

A full rundown of how cruise lines are helping can be found here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8058.

I suspect the reason Carnival's efforts didn't get as much media attention is because, to my knowledge, the only place they were announced was John Heald's Facebook page Sunday afternoon. One of the other lines sent out a press release Saturday, and one of them featured the information in its regular itinerary updates.

At any rate, it's heartening to see how companies that have so much are stepping in to help those who now have so little.

For additional Irma info, our mother-of-all-updates article is here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8046.

Amazing that even with all the disasters around, the bashers come out to play.
It seems that they're always out and playing, regarding one thing or another, though I have to say it is less of an issue on this forum as compared to that of another major mass-market cruise line.

I'm glad to see the cruise lines helping these Caribbean islands. I do hope, though, that USVI aren't forgotten.

It seems that they're always out and playing, regarding one thing or another, though I have to say it is less of an issue on this forum as compared to that of another major mass-market cruise line.

I'm glad to see the cruise lines helping these Caribbean islands. I do hope, though, that USVI aren't forgotten.

I have not seen much from the USVI, pics or stories. Many will be feeling the pain for a good while I fear.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is no good solutions for cruise lines. In an article today miami airport had water rain damage. They tried to rebook thousands of cruise ship paasengers who were dropped off early so they could get home. Those ships sailed off relatively empty. The cruise ship problems became the airline problem. Delta set up 21 flights and most got out. Carnival left passengers on the ships. What is right decision? I dont know.

Carnival also gave $2 million for Harvey aid. As for USVI the U.S. Navy sent ships down there almost right away. State govs all the way up to VA are also sending aid and work crews to FL and who knows where else to help feed people, dig out and rebuild. There is always a LOT that goes on that we may never see or hear about at all.