Refund from Canceled Cruise Galveston (Hurricane Harvey)

horrorchix89

We were booked to leave Galveston on Aug. 26th but of course, it was canceled. Have anyone received their full refund yet? I received a refund for the "Fun Shop" purchases like the drink cards and an anniversary decoration package, but not the FULL cruise.

I'm wondering if I should call and see what's going on.

We were booked to leave Galveston on Aug. 26th but of course, it was canceled. Have anyone received their full refund yet? I received a refund for the "Fun Shop" purchases like the drink cards and an anniversary decoration package, but not the FULL cruise.

I don't remember, did they offer a full refund back to the original source of payment, or was it offered as a future cruise credit? You might double check.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Give it another week or so. The poor souls answering the phones have been going non stop for two weeks and at least one more to go (hopefully that is it).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They said 3 weeks.

We were booked on this cruise. We received a full refund for deposit, cruise fare, port fees, and fun shop purchases. We have booked another cruise and received a 25% credit based on the cancelled cruise fare as credit towards payment of new cruise. I figured the 25% would be issued as on board credit, but it was applied towards balance of new cruise. . I did have to make the $500 deposit in addition to the credit. When I re booked my PVP asked what my previous booking number was and probably took care of this for us. However, I filled out the form on the web site that is listed below in the e-mail I received from Carnival.

*The future cruise credit is based on the cruise fare paid for this voyage, is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, and has no cash value. The credit must be redeemed by October 27, 2017 on a sailing prior to February 27, 2019. There is no refund for unused portions of the credit or for any cancellation penalties that may be assessed. After you have booked your cruise, please use the link below to provide us with the new booking information so we can process your credit.

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

I hope this helps.

Linda

Screw this 'bare with them'. The truth is that they had a week before Irma to refund. They are quick to take your money and rebook your cruises. This is them floating your money as long as possible for interest, business interests, etc. Give me a break, "bare with them".

I'd love to see people "bare" with Carnival, although it might be X-rated!

Screw this 'bare with them'. The truth is that they had a week before Irma to refund. They are quick to take your money and rebook your cruises. This is them floating your money as long as possible for interest, business interests, etc. Give me a break, "bare with them".

What a gem.

Meanwhile I'm going to go serve food to the 65k residents in my county without power in the same state of Carnival main office and hope that some of the infrastructure for the state comes back online soon while I continue dreaming about my first cruise in two weeks.

What a gem.

Meanwhile I'm going to go serve food to the 65k residents in my county without power in the same state of Carnival main office and hope that some of the infrastructure for the state comes back online soon while I continue dreaming about my first cruise in two weeks.

Isn't that the truth. It is all about ME ME ME what about ME. So sad.