For all "new" Princess board posters.

srphnx

As a group we are very welcoming, please feel free to post here. Feel free to be honest about your concerns, experiences, good and not so good.

There is a lot of loyalty here to our prefered line so if you post really derogatory things chances are people will question you and/or your motives because our collective experience is so totally different.

Sometimes we all say negative things about Princess and or a cruise, saying them in a reasoned way, with some acknowlegement of it being personal to you has historically proven to be the best recieved way.

If you arrive here with an agenda, say acting as a self-egrandizing schooolmarm and set about taking anyone and everyone to task, do not wonder why you are not well received.

For myself, I post on topics I can contribute to, help someone with a question to improve a fellow cruisers precious on board time. I have strongly held beliefs based on a great deal of time dedicated to the topics at hand. Being unapologetic about facts vs. feelings has gotten me my share of scorch marks on my flame proof jockeys, however I remain intact icon_wink.gif I assure you.

Many of you helped me through a difficult time recently, and for that I am deeply, humbly grateful. The distraction of these boards and the wonderful people here was a Godsend. We just booked a cruise in September and a reward, memorial and will be diversifying to Sapphire for the first time. I will of course be reporting in on her good and not-so-good aspects.

Steve

Life is at it's best when your address floats

One MORE open Booking(s).

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

I too enjoy your posts, Steve. You certainly have a way with words and a great sense of humor. As a new poster, I have learned much about my much anticipated cruise. Hopefully, I too will be able to educate someone else along the way.

Thanks for your insight.

Judy

Cruisin in July on the Golden Princess

Well put Steve. Thank goodness you didnt make any typos or you would have been attacked for that !

What troubles me about the types of posts you are referring to is that they can really spoil the joy and anticipation of a cruise, esp for a newbie who is here for the first time to learn more.

After reading some of these posts you would think that they were on a plague infested garbage scow that can barely limp from port to port.

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

Judy - If you happen to be on the July 11th sailing, please join our Roll Call at

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=4763056957&m=4253085267

At the moment, it's languishing for lack of postings, but I hope that will change as the time draws nearer. Donia

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

You make some valid points, Steve. I love your sense of humor and your choice of words. My first cruise experience was greatly enhanced by what I learned on these boards. You guys are a wealth of information. Keep it coming!

Steve, as an aside, I thought you were a flameproof boxer man!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sharon

Posted this on another board (which shall remain unnamed!).

You know, I think hostility is a lot like the Norwalk Virus. It makes everyone in the vicinity miserable! What a shame that there's no quarantine!

Donia

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Judy, By all means, start helping icon_smile.gif posters now. You don't have to have cruised to join in. All of us are still learning things, and you have been learning also. You can share that info with others.

Sue

7 days on Star 10/24/04

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY

GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by verwirrt:

You make some valid points, Steve. I love your sense of humor and your choice of words. My first cruise experience was greatly enhanced by what I learned on these boards. You guys are a wealth of information. Keep it coming!

Steve, as an aside, I thought you were a flameproof _boxer_ man!! icon_biggrin.gif

I am, a Jockey Brand Boxer, pays to be picky when the cargo is valuable.

Sharon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jacqueline:

Well put Steve. Thank goodness you didnt make any typos or you would have been attacked for that !

What troubles me about the types of posts you are referring to is that they can really spoil the joy and anticipation of a cruise, esp for a newbie who is here for the first time to learn more.

After reading some of these posts you would think that they were on a plague infested garbage scow that can barely limp from port to port.

You mean like this?

Hell Princess

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Thanks Steve. I don't think I could have said it any better. I'm one of your Princes "newbie" posters and you guys will probably see me posting with questions and some other things. I'm booked with the Royal Hounds Group to sail on the Carribean Princess on September 19, 2005, which gives me LOTS of time to get acquainted with everyone here and with Princess.

Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Petra

****Proud member of O.A.T.C. (OPENLY ADDICTED TO CRUISING!!)****

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;09;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until I howl with the Royal Hounds

royalsmallwide.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;02;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;09;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

hounds3.gif

Carribean Princess - 9/17/05 (Royal Hounds), Miracle - 2/13/05, Mariner of the Sea - 9/04 (Royal Hounds), Carnival Conquest - 1/04 (Conquestadors), Carnival Glory - 9/03 (Glory Hounds), Carnival Legend - 2/03, Carnival Victory - 11/00, Carnival Ecstasy - 11/99

Hey Pater---Nice to see you over here. I have been bouncing between CCL, NCL and here. These folks are awesome and we have lots of fun!!!

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

A hearty and heatfelt welcome Petra, your signature indicates a lot of sea days, we see more and "better" ones ahead. We think you will like the new CL, there is a lot to appreciate.

We have 5 in 8 months, that is beyond addicted, that is "living it".

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Hi (((Doris))). I've missed you. Nice to know you're still around. icon_smile.gif

Steve, thanks for the kind words. icon_smile.gif

Sharon, yes I am originally from Germany and have lived in the U.S. for the last 28 years. I'm in the process of finally becoming a citizen. I do speak German fluently. icon_smile.gif

Sue, icon_smile.gif. (Couldn't help myself - lol). Thanks for the warm welcome.

Petra

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;09;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

royalsmallwide.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;02;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;09;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

hounds3.gif

Carribean Princess - 9/17/05 (Royal Hounds), Miracle - 2/13/05, Mariner of the Sea - 9/04 (Royal Hounds), Carnival Conquest - 1/04 (Conquestadors), Carnival Glory - 9/03 (Glory Hounds), Carnival Legend - 2/03, Carnival Victory - 11/00, Carnival Ecstasy - 11/99

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Little Red:

Sharon, yes I am originally from Germany and have lived in the U.S. for the last 28 years. I'm in the process of finally becoming a citizen. I do speak German fluently. icon_smile.gif

Petra

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ich Bin Ein Princessor?

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 12/04

Ecstacy 09/01

Century 12/97

Century 9/96

Steve,

LOL!! But Petra would be eine Princessorin! You are a riot! icon_biggrin.gif

Petra,

We've been in the States since 1990. Martin will be getting his citizenship this Summer. You, too? Viel Glueck und alle Beste. I am practicing but I'm still not very good. I'll keep trying.

Sharon

Thanks Scott and Steve (spongerob). icon_smile.gif

Steve (srphnx), close - lol.

Petra

royalsmallwide.gif

Miracle.gif

hounds3.gif

Archived