For all "new" Princess board posters.

srphnx

Being honest about concerns applies to all, including those who disagree with a poster, new or old.

We are not required to do so in a manner approved by the least capable of dealing with such honesty.

You buy your ticket you take your chances.

[B] Life is at it's best when your address floats [/B]
One MORE open Booking(s).
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Sapphire Princess 09/04
Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 12/04
Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

It's a really good thing that I am more than capable when it comes to dealing with honesty, Steve. I always take chances when I "buy my ticket", and it's a very good thing that I've had the experience to back it up.

Jimmy crack corn...

Sapphire Princess 09/04
Diamond Princess 12/04
Ecstacy 09/01
Century 12/97
Century 9/96

Wow, what a nice post. We've sailed Princess only once, but we'll sail with them again. We're essentially new to cruising, so we'd like to sample some different lines (though based upon my signature, you'd think I was an NCL loyalist..I'm not.)

I found the food and service on Princess to be exceptional, and two days prior to our cruise, they gave us a complimentary upgrade to the penthouse suite....unbelievable. We really like the concept of personal choice cruising which is why we keep picking the only two lines that offer this service...NCL and Princess.

Thanks again for the nice post.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;4;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until 9 nights of pure joy in the Southern Caribbean!!!

NCL Spirit - February 2005
Grand Princess - May 2003
NCL Sun - May 2002
NCL Sea - May 2000

srphnx (Steve) I want to thank you sincerly for your post. I'm not new to Princess or cruising but I am new to this posting thing. I rush home from a busy day dealing with really uptight and sometimes just plain rude individuals and I find reading the boards a great way to relax and enjoy thinking about my upcomming CP cruise in October. I'm a little shy about posting afraid that I might do or say the wrong thing, but thanks to your post I feel much better about jumpin in now.....guess I will have to get my fire proof panties out of the closet.HAHA

Welcome Ms. Jill, make sure they aren't the thong variety, you want the fanny saved in case of fire.

Sapphire Princess 09/04
Diamond Princess 12/04
Ecstacy 09/01
Century 12/97
Century 9/96

I can be gentle, it isn't common but possible.

Sapphire Princess 09/04
Diamond Princess 12/04
Ecstacy 09/01
Century 12/97
Century 9/96

solid post! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img] [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=927093444&f=4763056957&m=270104271&p=1"]Diamond Princess - 12/4/4 to Mexico[/url]

I don't believe that for a minuite. I would bet everything that you are just a big teddy bear!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] You just don't want the word to get out!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Sue
7 days on Star 10/24/04
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm not a newbie to CC but new to the Princess board. I've always wanted to try Princess, so I'm searching for an Alaska cruise. Never been so I will need help for sure! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for the nice post Steve [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I see some familiar names over here, hi Mumsyo and Dosi! Dosi, NCL boards certainly have been interesting lately too! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jan

Next Cruise: Alaska - 2005!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

Hey, everybody: Talk about new, I just registered on this Princess Board today. I'm scheduled to sail on Dawn Princess (my first cruise) on 7/9 from Whittier to Vancouver. I have learned a great deal from reading these boards the past couple of days. Thank you all for all the good info.

Now that I have broken the ice (no pun intended, you know, ALASKA!!!) I will fee comfortable asking some questions.

Thanks in advance,
Esmiralda

Our goal is to try all the major cruise lines, then settle down with one or two. So far we've done 7-nighters with Royal Caribbean and Carnival to the North/West Caribbean, and Holland America and Celebrity to Alaska. I think Princess is next on the list, and we'd like to do something in the Eastern or Southern Caribbean in late December 2005. We tend to like the "just under 2,000 passengers" size ship -- large enough to have good amenities, but not so big that there's lines for everything, and when everyone goes ashore the tours and shops are crowded.

If I read the CC reviews right, Coral and Island are both in the 1,970-passenger class at 92,000 tons. Although Dawn and Sun are both 1,950-passenger class, they are listed at 77,000 tons, making them a worse "space factor." But it doesn't look like either Coral or Island regularly do trips to the Eastern or Southern Caribbean.

Advice and recommendations?

Lonestar,

Just a suggestion: You might try starting a new thread about this. I think you would get more hits and thus more replies if you did.

Sorry, I don't have any personal knowledge about those ships. We like the Grand class, so I can't help you there.

Sharon

The Sun class (77,000) I have been never felt crowded, Not just a matter of numbers but how they are used. There are a lot of Sun Class Fans here at Princess, I don't think there will be a cramped issue.

Hi Steve (and all),

Great post and I am definitely a newby. My husband Bob and I have cruised before, but never with Princess. We will be on the Grand Princess on 11/27/04 and are already counting days. I can't wait to go. I would appreciate input from anybody on anything you can share about the Grand Princess and Princess cruises in general. The one thing we are trying to decide right now is whether to do the traditional seating or the personal choice.

In the past, we have done the (traditional) late seating which worked out great for us. We would typically go to the early show, then to dinner at 8:30 PM. It sounds like the personal choice dining allows more freedom, but from what I understand about it now it seems cumbersome. I have also read about pepole waiting to be seated for more than an hour. I will try to find a thread on this topic but if anybody wants to give some insight on it here that would be great.

Anyway, I hope to get to know everybody and share stories. Oh, and I am from Germany, too, und spreche Deutsch. I love your screen name Sharon.

Hi kkcarlton,

We are sailing a Grand class 11.27 too, Diamond.

Be sure to hunt down your roll call, that adds a lot.

PC vs. Traditional is a debated topic here, now that you have the new search you can prolly find about 15 threads on it, our vote: PC, five times in a row. On Grand it is even easier as it is exactly the same menu and just a different room and flexible time, I will let you read up on it, it is fine to do tradtional as well, there are some advantages, more personal service and some showy food things.

Steve

Cool, I will look for a thread on the dining choices. Our destinations are Grand Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. From what I read the weather averages between the mid 70s and high 70s in all places during that time of year. Will the days as sea roughly be the same? I am not an all day tanner, but do enjoy a couple of hours out by the pool in the sun.

kkarlton

I would like to practice my Deutsch! Meine email ist folgendes: backwards to avoid spmammers: ten.llebws@trriwrev

I hope I got that right. Send it auf Deutsch! Ich muss ueben! Hope I got that right, too! :)

Sharon

Hi kkarlton, welcome to Princess. You will love the Grand. She is a beauty. We do traditional, first seating. Seems to make the night last longer!! Any questions you might have, just ask, and someone will get right to you. We have some great people here. Sue

Hi Kristina, and welcome! You will love the Grand Princess. We've sailed her 3 times and will be going back for a fourth visit in December. The ship has some extensive maintenance work planned before moving to Galveston, so she should be better than ever. There will be a new feature on the ship, Movies Under the Stars.

Archived