For all "new" Princess board posters.

srphnx

Ok, I was born in Germany but was very young at the time so my German isn't good.

Neuremberg to be exact, Dad was US Army (West Point hurrumph), I am a lifer brat.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

One MORE open Booking(s).

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Steve,

I think your German is pretty darned good! That was my major in college and my German still kinda stinks, sometimes. The grammar, at least for me, is really hard!

Nuremberg is absolutely beautiful. Not a better place to be around Christmas.

Sharon

Petra?

Cool!

Welcome...can't wait for the hounds on the CP!

Happy Cruising

Chris

Chris@LifeIsCruising.com

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

Hello Everyone!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> originally posted by Little Red.

Thanks Steve. I don't think I could have said it any better. I'm one of your Princes "newbie" posters and you guys will probably see me posting with questions and some other things. I'm booked with the Royal Hounds Group to sail on the Carribean Princess on September 19, 2005, which gives me LOTS of time to get acquainted with everyone here and with Princess.

Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Petra

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can only echo Petra's sentiments. Like Petra, I am new to Princess and will be on the same cruise with her (Hi Petra!)and appreciate the welcome very much. As a "newbie" I think we are sometimes reluctant to post to the board not only because of fear of being flamed but because we remove all doubt as to our ignorance! icon_smile.gif

I have read many posts that someone says "I'm sure glad you asked that question, I was wondering the same thing."

I know it can be tiresome answering the same old questions but the search feature is totally useless. Sometimes it is the only option after going back several pages and searching the posts yourself.

Thanks again for the Welcome!

Trishwave.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;9;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Caribbean Princess 9/17/05

4/27/04 & 5/07/04 Legend- Hawaii

12/01/03 Summit-11 day Ultimate Caribbean

9/29/03 Majesty of the Seas

9/20/03 Explorer-Eastern Caribbean

3/09/03 Enchantment- Eastern Caribbean

10/05/02 Rhapsody-Western Caribbean

8/17/02 Radiance-Alaska

1/05/02 Rhapsody-Western Caribbean

[This message was edited by cruisinTrish on 06-17-04 at 12:56 PM.]

I, too, will be on the CP with Petra with the Glory Hounds September of 2005!! But, I am not a "newbie" to Princess--now have a Platinum card!!

Princess, so far, is my favorite--but I have sailed on many cruise lines and have enjoyed them all--HAL, Costa, RCCL, Carnival to name a few.

MOST of the time, I enjoy reading all of your posts--except for the ones that really get "red hot". But, you know something, this happens on all the boards!!

Marilyn

MumsyO

HAL, Amsterdam, Aug. 1, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till I'm howling with the Hounds!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle 2/13/05

Caribbean Princess 9/17/05

With the HOUNDS!!!

Trish--IF I am reading correctly you just completed a back to back in Hawaii....I both admire and envy you....welcome.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

I am a newbie too and I enjoy reading your posts. It's nice to get answers to all my silly questions. You guys are also very entertaining when there is a "heated" discussion. Makes for a nice "get away" during my work day.

Keep 'em coming!

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Trish and Marilyn - fancy seeing you here! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Petra

****Proud member of O.A.T.C. (OPENLY ADDICTED TO CRUISING!!)****

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;09;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until I howl with the Royal Hounds

royalsmallwide.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;02;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;09;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

hounds3.gif

Carribean Princess - 9/17/05 (Royal Hounds), Miracle - 2/13/05, Mariner of the Sea - 9/04 (Royal Hounds), Carnival Conquest - 1/04 (Conquestadors), Carnival Glory - 9/03 (Glory Hounds), Carnival Legend - 2/03, Carnival Victory - 11/00, Carnival Ecstasy - 11/99

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisinTrish:

Thanks for the Welcome Doris! And you did read correctly! I have wanted to do a back to back ever since I started cruising and it was perfect for Hawaii! No long plane ride to or from Hawaii plus double the time in all the ports!

Trish<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are doing out first back to back this November, can't wait!!

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Steve, great post. Another relative newbie here, and I really HAVE felt that for the most part this is a "very welcoming place", as you put it. icon_smile.gif

Thanks to you and the many other helpful folks who make this board what it is.

To all of the "newbies" on this board I also welcome you to Princess. Most of us are a good group of people who enjoy talking about cruising, answering the many questionsl heck I have been on 7 cruises and I still find a wealth of info here. We are never too old to learn. Welcome to Princess.

Marilyn

Hello Petra & Marilyn! If I'm cruising on Princess I'm jumping in with both feet! icon_smile.gif

Steve, You will love back to back! It's so exhilerating after the first cruise knowing you don't have to get off! No packing and no last night blues!

Marilyn, thanks for the warm welcome! I agree on the wealth of info available on the boards. There are so many generous people who are willing to share their knowledge. Many thanks to all of you!

Trish

Welcome to all. We were all newbies once and I continue to learn, and ask, all the time. Especially with the search feature inactive, it's almost impossible to find an answer, even if it's already been asked a thousand times.
I hope we all go forward with the lead of Ronald Reagan; that we can disagree, but then sit down together at the end of the day, have a drink, and laugh about it.

94 Fantasy - Bahamas
95 Fantasy - Bahamas
02 Inspiration - West Carrib
03 Sensation - Exotic West Carrib
04 Royal Princess - European Explorer

Hey Trish are you going on the CP with the Hounds? That would be so awesome.

Petra

****Proud member of O.A.T.C. (OPENLY ADDICTED TO CRUISING!!)****

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;09;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Until I howl with the Royal Hounds

[img]http://www.bigotis.com/royalsmallwide.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;02;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
[img]http://www.bigotis.com/Miracle.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;09;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[img]http://www.bigotis.com/hounds3.gif[/img]

Carribean Princess - 9/17/05 (Royal Hounds), Miracle - 2/13/05, Mariner of the Sea - 9/04 (Royal Hounds), Carnival Conquest - 1/04 (Conquestadors), Carnival Glory - 9/03 (Glory Hounds), Carnival Legend - 2/03, Carnival Victory - 11/00, Carnival Ecstasy - 11/99

[QUOTE]Originally posted by srphnx:
Ok, I was born in Germany but was very young at the time so my German isn't good.

I imagine if you were born in Germany, you were indeed very young at the time! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (I am so sorry, I just couldn't help myself! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I wear Jockey's too, so guess they're flame retartent! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img])

Nita

Welcome Princess Newbies!

Please post away! You may be surprised to know that we were all newbies once, too! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

If you have a question, someone will surely have an answer or opinion! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Nita

Steve - I'm an Army lifer brat, too, and we moved to Stuttgart when I was about 4. My folks thought it would be really cool to put me into a German Kindergarten instead of the one on post...so that I could learn German. Right. All I remember is crying because I didn't know how to ask to go to the bathroom! Ich bin eine dumkopf! We went over on the Patch, and back on the SS United States, recently of the old American Hawaii Line. Can't figure out if those were my first cruises or not, because I was so seasick all I did was urp. Auf Weidersehn!

Oops - forgot to mention that I'll be a Hound on the 9/17/05 CP. Yeah!

Way to go Steve.
As a newbie browsing this area for info, I appreciate you sticking up for your favorite line. I've got a TON of great info in preparation for my first Princess Cruise on Diamond in October, and you have to question the motives of people who are so NASTY!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by srphnx:
As a group we are very welcoming, please feel free to post here. Feel free to be honest about your concerns, experiences, good and not so good.

There is a lot of loyalty here to our prefered line so if you post really derogatory things chances are people will question you and/or your motives because our collective experience is so totally different.

Sometimes we all say negative things about Princess and or a cruise, saying them in a reasoned way, with some acknowlegement of it being personal to you has historically proven to be the best recieved way.

If you arrive here with an agenda, say acting as a self-egrandizing schooolmarm and set about taking anyone and everyone to task, do not wonder why you are not well received.

For myself, I post on topics I can contribute to, help someone with a question to improve a fellow cruisers precious on board time. I have strongly held beliefs based on a great deal of time dedicated to the topics at hand. Being unapologetic about facts vs. feelings has gotten me my share of scorch marks on my flame proof jockeys, however I remain intact [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I assure you.

Many of you helped me through a difficult time recently, and for that I am deeply, humbly grateful. The distraction of these boards and the wonderful people here was a Godsend. We just booked a cruise in September and a reward, memorial and will be diversifying to Sapphire for the first time. I will of course be reporting in on her good and not-so-good aspects.

Steve

_ Life is at it's best when your address floats _
_<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>_
Sapphire Princess 09/04
_<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>_
Diamond Princess 12/04
Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02_<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>_
Ecstacy 09/01
_<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>_
Century 12/97
_<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>_
Century 9/96<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, this is Lynne. I just joined the Boards at the end of April and got in with a fine group of cruisers who went on the Golden 5/23.It was really a wonderful way to take a "virtual" cruise with them as they prepared.There were about 6 to 8 of us who posted regularly-and at the end they wished I could join them.Princess is a great family gathering. Thanks to Srphnx, I've been able to do some creative writing of my own,which has been fun.This will only be our 5th Cruise,but our 4th on Princes-(Caribbean Princess-9/18.)PammyHound will be in the same ports with her group but will get to see the CaribeP in port alongside,too.This is what this Board is all about-support,sharing,information, fun,and maybe some lasting friendships. I'm addicted-and I'm glad!! Little Red-are you going to be on the Mariner of the Seas leaving Sept.19??? I'm completely confused now as to whether it is Mariner or the Explorer. I bet Pammy's confounded after my posts,also. I just know we're supposed to be in the Eastern together.Lynne

Archived