For all "new" Princess board posters.

srphnx

Steve, You started a wonderful thread. I have been lurking on the Roll call board but I decided to amble over here to find some great information. We will be on the Island Princess for Thanksgiving. My Dad just passed away, after a long illness, and we think this will be a great trip for my Mom. She will have her own balcony cabin and my Hubby and I another. We have cruised together in the past and enjoy the freedom of cruising, both to do things together and to each set out on our own. This will be our 2nd trip with Princess. (I also sailed with Sitmar twice, American Hawaii once, and the President Cleveland once- I sound SO old!). I look forward to joining all of you suppportive people in asking (and answering) questions. Thank you all for being here! -Podge

Welcome Barb, in general we are a happy bunch and now that the ignore option exists, I bet the disruptive types aren't as much of a factor.

Feel free to ask all kinds of silly questions, we did some time ago.

Hi Podge and Barb, it's nice to have you with us. I'm relatively new to the Boards, too, and I have been welcomed well by Sue and the others.We get to be family after awhile,and I've come to learn that no question is dumb. We'll be looking for you! Lynne

Thanks Lynne. The people that I have met here so far have been quite nice. I am looking forward to swapping questions and answers with all of you. Some of my questions may be "silly" but if they bring a smile to your face, they serve a great purpose. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! -Podge

Thank you all for the warm welcome and information. My husband and I are so excited about his cruise. And our friends from Ok have decided to take the same cruise, so we will be able to spend some time with them as well. It's been a little over a year since our last cruise so we're ready.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

We will be taking our first princess cruise on Sea princess in October 2005, Canada/Colonial America.

We cruised with P&O last year but were not impressed by some of the food or entertainment, and when we complained about a tour we had been on, we were subjected to rudeness from officers on board and we are still in dispute with P&O over their attitude.

One thing we did like about P&O was their dress code and must admit we did enjoy the formal nights.

What is Princess Cruise line like, is there a balance of British/American passengers?. Is the entertainment reasonable?. Any info would be appreciated.

Hi Manchester!! Welcome to Princess!! She is a beautiful cruiseline!! There is a great mix of most nationalities, and ages. Most passengers are very friendly, and my opinion the food and entertainment and service are awesome!! You can be busy every minuite, or find a quiet corner to relax!! The design of the ships, give you both busy, and also intimate space. Quietly decorated, and Formal nights are perfect!! Please come back and let us know how you liked it!!! Have a fantastic cruise!!! :)

Hi Everyone!

Nice to meet you all and find this board I love it. I have one cruise under my belt and that was a short one with Carnival. Now our next one is on the Regal Princess for 10 days . Can anyone tell me what to expect on this trip as far as princess and how they do things differently . I appreciate all who help . Ackk gotta pack for 10 days.:eek:

Steve,

The thing about cruise critic is just that. Everyone can be a cruise critic on these boards and not be chastized for their input and opinions. We all share ideas and exchange information on these boards. They are a huge distraction, but it is the constant reading and posting in addition to the anticipation of embarkation that makes cruise critic exceptional and well worth the wait. Relationships are also developed as well as a comradary among members. I've been a member since Nov./2001 and I enjoy it immensely. You can learn alot on these boards and from one another. I will be taking my forst Princess cruise in April, so these boards will be very helpful. Though I've been on many cruises, this will be my first Princess cruise. I will post tirelessly until I receive all there is to know about cruising Princess. Every cruise line has their niches and now I have to find those on Princess. I really enjoyed reading your post. Post away!!!!

John

Archived