Kids on a cruise?

ihrtcruise

You will need either 2 connecting cabins or a big, pricey suite. Those are your only options. RCI's standard cabins only sleep 4, max.

No...a parent doesn't HAVE to sleep in each cabin..but you will need to book 2 cabins to show that there is an adult in each. Once onboard, you can put whoever you want in each cabin.

Once onboard, the kids can have 1 cabin, and the adult get the other....keeps all the kid's messes in one place! Some ships, Voyager and Freedom class, even have a balcony cabin that connects to an inside....that's a great option with young kids!

We're considering a cruise in Jan/Feb sometime, but we're holding back because we have four kids under 8. What rooms sleep 6? Or are we stuck having to get 2 rooms? Or an even more expensive suite?

Royal's Freedom Class has some family ocean view rooms, for up to 6. They have a huge separate bunk area with closet, a very large sofa makes a bed for 2 more, and then master bed. You have to call Royal Caribbean for availability. They require 5 or 6 passengers.

My daughter's family used a family ocean view on Liberty of the Seas (8200) and it had plenty of room for them, with 3 kids 7-10. But it only had 1 bathroom. Liberty also had new Family ocean view rooms on deck 12 that had 1-1/2 bathrooms. (Her friend's family had one, and they loved it). My daughter's room had just the 1 bathroom for her family, and they still made it work for a week.

I get why people recommend 2 rooms - BUT if you can get 1 family ocean view with a Kids Sale Free sailing for your date, you could see a very good cost savings!

Good luck. Enjoy your family cruise!

Definitely get two rooms. We have always sailed as a party of 3, and even then it's tight. One adult must stay in each room, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We always get adjoining balconies when sailing with our kids. Lots of space and cheaper than a JS. At 6 & 8 years, they will be going on their 5th & 6th cruise this November and they always have their own room.

(Plus you can bring in more wine!;p)

Royal's Freedom Class has some family ocean view rooms, for up to 6. They have a huge separate bunk area with closet, a very large sofa makes a bed for 2 more, and then master bed. You have to call Royal Caribbean for availability. They require 5 or 6 passengers.

My daughter's family used a family ocean view on Liberty of the Seas (8200) and it had plenty of room for them, with 3 kids 7-10. But it only had 1 bathroom. Liberty also had new Family ocean view rooms on deck 12 that had 1-1/2 bathrooms. (Her friend's family had one, and they loved it). My daughter's room had just the 1 bathroom for her family, and they still made it work for a week.

I get why people recommend 2 rooms - BUT if you can get 1 family ocean view with a Kids Sale Free sailing for your date, you could see a very good cost savings!

Good luck. Enjoy your family cruise!

We've sailed in 8500 on IOS twice. The room is huge, Three sleeping areas with real doors separating each area.

Definitely price things out. For our 2 IOS cruises it was $1000 cheaper to book a FOV over 2 cabins. For our upcoming Oasis cruise two connecting rooms was just about the same price as a Family cabin so we chose 2 cabins.

You will need either 2 connecting cabins or a big, pricey suite. Those are your only options. RCI's standard cabins only sleep 4, max.

No...a parent doesn't HAVE to sleep in each cabin..but you will need to book 2 cabins to show that there is an adult in each. Once onboard, you can put whoever you want in each cabin.

Once onboard, the kids can have 1 cabin, and the adult get the other....keeps all the kid's messes in one place! Some ships, Voyager and Freedom class, even have a balcony cabin that connects to an inside....that's a great option with young kids!

if the kids are teenagers yes kids in their own room, but these kids are all under 8, never would I put them in their own room unless it was adjoining..j/s

We're considering a cruise in Jan/Feb sometime, but we're holding back because we have four kids under 8. What rooms sleep 6? Or are we stuck having to get 2 rooms? Or an even more expensive suite?

you must call directly, you cannot book the family cabins online. consider instead 2 CONNECTING cabins( interior door such as the ones facing the Promenade on some ships. or a pair of connecting balcony cabins. would quite likely be cheaper.

Definitely get two rooms. One adult must stay in each room

I agree get two rooms and one adult doesn't have to be booked or stay in the other room. You can book the kids in their own room depending on the configuration/location.

I have my 5&3 grand-daughters booked in their own cabin that connects with the parents. However, I could have put them across the hall or next door without a connecting door. Neither of which was a good idea. That's why I booked early via my TA to get two connecting balcony cabins.

The second bathroom alone would be worth it.

Two connecting rooms is almost always cheaper than all 4 of us in one stateroom, which is just silly. Only time that is different is if there is a Kids Sail Free promo or other discounts off 3rd/4th guests.

Another vote here for two connecting rooms - double the space, two bathrooms, relative privacy at night, and two TVs.

Mommy Daddy....cruise

Four kids......Grandma Grandpa's house!

My 3 kids came with us, 2, 7, 10, we just brought Grandpa and Grandma. On paper one kid was w/Grandparents but slept with us. Back then not many/any cabins held 5. Now I'm retired I get to go with my grand kids... But as others said it's usually lot cheaper to get 2 cabins, with luck connecting doors...