Refunds for re-routed cruises

BeeeJay

Will NCL offer the option of a refund for Eastern Caribbean cruises re-routed to Western Caribbean?

I'm on December 9th NCL Escape and wife has zero interest in Belize after watching Mad Dogs. 😉 And even less interest in the Mexico ports of call.

Will NCL offer the option of a refund for Eastern Caribbean cruises re-routed to Western Caribbean?

I'm on December 9th NCL Escape and wife has zero interest in Belize after watching Mad Dogs. 😉 And even less interest in the Mexico ports of call.

Once (and only once) you are notified of the change in itinerary, call NCL and ask. Your change notification may give you options. If not you can cancel with penalty. The contract you signed allows the the cruise line to change itineraries for any reason.

Makes sense. I wasn't sure if they would be making any special arrangements given the magnitude of the change.

Obviously skipping a windy port is understandable, but a wholesale change to the entire itinerary seems to be a situation where I could envision them potentially offering more flexibility as a customer service gesture. Similar to what the airlines and AirBNB did under their "extenuating circumstances policy.

I'm expecting and planning to go on the cruise regardless of ports. Final payment has been made and it was a very good deal, even if it becomes a western Caribbean cruise.

It will be interesting to see what they do. I have one coming up in November that goes eastern which I'm sure will be rerouted. It sucks because we chose the higher fare with the additional expense of flying to Miami just because of the itinerary, we normally just drive to Tampa or Mobile if we are going on a western route.

If you are truly concerned and really concerned about the itinerary change you have no option but to cancel before final payment, otherwise just sit it out and see what happens. I know there are those who are not turned on by the western Caribbean, but some of the ports are interesting and fun. OK, Belize isn't my favorite either, yet you can't judge by what a few have to say. It isn't the worse port we have ever visited. Sometimes it is just fun to stay on ship if there is a port that doesn't interest you. Roatan is great, Cozumel is fun as well. Good luck, regardless of what you decide. The decision is up to you: gamble or cancel.

Cruise is Dec 9th. Final payment was due just before the hurricanes hit. Didn't matter, I was paying and going anyway. Wife was interested in cancellation options. Good to hear at least some good things about the ports, I've done Western before, but it was Jamaica-Cayman-Cozumel, so if nothing else kids and I are happy to add 3 new ports to our resumes.

If Belize is a big turn off, you may be excited to know, it may not actually be Belize, but Harvest Caye. Not sure of your itinerary, but Harvest Caye is hated by those that say "it's not really Belize." So maybe you will love it. I went there in January and am going again in October. I LOVED Harvest Caye. It was an awesome beach, chill day. And was super easy to go back to the ship for lunch and some drinks. And the frozen rum drinks there are AMAZING!!!! I smile just thinking about Harvest Caye.

If Belize is a big turn off, you may be excited to know, it may not actually be Belize, but Harvest Caye. Not sure of your itinerary, but Harvest Caye is hated by those that say "it's not really Belize." So maybe you will love it. I went there in January and am going again in October. I LOVED Harvest Caye. It was an awesome beach, chill day. And was super easy to go back to the ship for lunch and some drinks. And the frozen rum drinks there are AMAZING!!!! I smile just thinking about Harvest Caye.

I was just going to post the opposite of this, LOL! I love Belize City, had a great time there 2 years ago taking a taxi to the Belize Zoo, a beautiful place that is more like an animal sanctuary and rehabilitation center.

But we went to Harvest Caye this January and it was a big disappointment. Too hot, not enough shade and nothing interesting enough to make up for the fact that you have to pay for drinks that are free by the ship pool. Though it was certainly good to get off the ship and get some exercise walking down the pier.

Costa Maya has great excursions, though. We went to Dzibanche in January and climbed the ruins, which was amazing. We went with the Native Choice and they did a great job.

We are also on the December 9 cruise and I hope we will be able to do at least some Eastern ports. Really hoping there will be some opportunity to do some humanitarian work at one of the ports.

But if we go Western, we're still going to have a lot of fun! I'm doing the meet and greet for our cruise and it is going to be great, with a pub crawl and a cabin crawl combined into one. Lots of people are planning other activities, too, like a slot pull, a gift exchange, a poker run, etc. Come over to the roll call and check it out!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Anonmom, I understand. Your thoughts are mostly what I do see. So I was hoping for OP that Belize wouldn't be an automatic turnoff since it isn't really Belize, ha! I have not been to Belize City, but I am sure I would love it. I really think I would love ANYWHERE I would go with a cruise port and excursions. I think Harvest Caye was especially nice for us since we did the excursion type thing at the other ports, and this time, we even get one additional port, so the chill day was awesome. But I would love anywhere!

My only issue with Belize is I just finished watching Mad Dogs

That show was nuts. I will say that I watched it and have been to Belize since....and lived to tell the tale. We actually did a pretty cool snorkeling excursion there so I can't say anything about the city itself since I didn't really explore it at all. But, we didn't die. :)

Maybe some of the ports will be open for business. Maybe you will be directed to different Eastern ports. I wasn't a fan of Belize. We took a private excursion to do zip-lining and cave tubing. The cave tubing took too long so in order to get back to the ship on time we had to skip the zip-line. The excursion was about a 2 hour ride from the port. I'm also remembering the 45 minute tender (one way)...... I'm not sure anything was close!

I'm on December 9th NCL Escape and wife has zero interest in Belize after watching Mad Dogs. [emoji6] And even less interest in the Mexico ports of call.

Yes, they will. I just cancelled our Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard NCL today. Hated to do it, but it was not a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they will. I just cancelled our Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard NCL today. Hated to do it, but it was not a problem.

Were you before or after final payment?

To the OP, did you purchase insurance. Some cruise insurance has a "cancel for any reason" clause. In that case, you might be able to get your money back if it's after final payment.

Were you before or after final payment?

To the OP, did you purchase insurance. Some cruise insurance has a "cancel for any reason" clause. In that case, you might be able to get your money back if it's after final payment.

I was before final payment.