Buying DRINK / VOOM before the Cruise

1newf1not

I am a PLATINUM MEMBER.....and we are taking a Holiday cruise..

so sales haven't seem to be eligible on our ship.

Am I better off buying the drink alcohol / voom BEFORE the ship.

Are my NEW CRUISING friends better to wait until on the ship or

do before as well?

Any advice would be helpful :)

Also...can we still bring on a bottle of wine each and a case of water?

Check your Cruise Planner for prices. Voom onboard is $13/day for Surf and $18/day for Surf&Stream. Platinum discount onboard for VOOM is 15%. Onboard prices for the drink package vary, so you cannot be sure of those onboard prices. If your Cruise Planner has a drink package price significantly less than $55/day, then it's probably better to purchase pre-cruise.

Check for a sale. We are on Oasis, and the Drink Package is $55 per day and Voom is $14.99 per day. But they have a Drink Package/Voom special for $59 per day. That's the best deal. If you see that, buy it. Remember it's fully refundable if a better price pops up prior to the cruise.

RIght now:

still have to add 18% gratuities but posted for me are:

wondering if my new cruise friends will get this price

and if this IS A GOOD DEAL or not? :)

DELUXE BEV PACKAGE: $55 Canadian per day

DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE AND VOOM ONE DEVICE

67.50 CAD per day

DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

2 bottles of wine per stateroom. most have said they have been able to bring a case of water no problem.

That was a question that I was looking for the answer to. I'm assuming you would need to check it with the luggage? The water I mean, not the wine.

That was a question that I was looking for the answer to. I'm assuming you would need to check it with the luggage? The water I mean, not the wine.

You don't have to check the water with bags, but that has worked best for us.

I waited until the month before our Alaska sailing (August) on Radiance. Royal kept sending me emails regarding booking drink packages and specialty restaurants. I ended up paying $54 a day for the Deluxe Beverage package and Voom one device package, compared to $55 a day they were asking for just the beverage package.

Karen

Check your Cruise Planner for prices. Voom onboard is $13/day for Surf and $18/day for Surf&Stream. Platinum discount onboard for VOOM is 15%. Onboard prices for the drink package vary, so you cannot be sure of those onboard prices. If your Cruise Planner has a drink package price significantly less than $55/day, then it's probably better to purchase pre-cruise.

Do they ever offer just surf before the cruise or just on board??

Edited by cruisingn09
typo

Do they ever offer just surf before the cruise or just on board??

I believe someone reported surf only available pre-cruise, but I can only recall that one report. The vast majority only have the choice of suef & stream pre-cruise.

RIght now:

DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE AND VOOM ONE DEVICE 67.50 CAD per day

If you are Canadian, definitely book the drink packages in advance at those prices. The Drink package onboard will be at least $55 USD a day + 18%. It could be more. With the sale in your cruise planner you are basically getting it at par. The exchange rate in the cruise planner is better than the bank rate now.

You are getting the same prices I have I my Cruise Planner for my November Freedom cruise. We booked one deluxe package and one with the Deluxe w/ VOOM. Hubby and I share the internet package.

If it drops lower you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price.

If you are Canadian, definitely book the drink packages in advance at those prices. The Drink package onboard will be at least $55 USD a day + 18%. It could be more. With the sale in your cruise planner you are basically getting it at par. The exchange rate in the cruise planner is better than the bank rate now.

You are getting the same prices I have I my Cruise Planner for my November Freedom cruise. We booked one deluxe package and one with the Deluxe w/ VOOM. Hubby and I share the internet package.

If it drops lower you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price.

Scoitabank on Friday was charging 1.254000 for an exchange rate. Pretty good. I know I got the Classic Soda and Voom Stream package it was 23$ CAD per day plus 18%. For my November. I cant picture any of them package being cheaper on the cruise

Scoitabank on Friday was charging 1.254000 for an exchange rate. Pretty good. I know I got the Classic Soda and Voom Stream package it was 23$ CAD per day plus 18%. For my November. I cant picture any of them package being cheaper on the cruise

Wow that is awesome. I have yet to see it cheaper on board. Maybe one day when I get to the point where I am at a C&A level high enough to get a discount on it

RIght now:

DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE AND VOOM ONE DEVICE

67.50 CAD per day

DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Darn, I wish that was being offered on my sailing! I'm just going to sit patiently and wait. Fingers crossed.