Question about door decorating

redrevenger

Just wondering about door decorating. Does NCL allow you to decorate, the outside door of the cabin? Saw some really cute magnetic door signs and was wondering if I should buy them or not. Thanks :cool:

We always buy a magnetic door sign from VistaPrint.com and put it on our NCL cabin door. No problem.

:o

The person who typed that is from UK and probably doesn't realize what that phrase means to those of us in US.

Oh, I know. 25+years ago I was intimidated by my British friend who wrote me letters about all the young men she "got off" with when we were 12. I just think it's funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the doors are metal so magnetic signs work well. My daughter is cruising for Halloween and I found some shark cutouts for her door ( her costume is a shark) she'll adhere them with magnets or glue dots. It's fun to get a pen that has a magnetic base and ask others to sign in with where they are from. Absolutely no peel and stick on doors. Have fun and be creative.

Just about every surface of the ship (doors, walls, ceiling) is metallic. We had magnets on our door and also on the flat wall adjacent to the door. We found that was actually easier to spot as we came down the hall.

Some people also use 3M Command hooks on their doors, as they leave no residue when removed.

I don't see any problems with magnets decorating your cabin door. I would however like to mention that during several NCL cruises that we have been on over the last few years, there have been a daily posting in the Freestyle Daily regarding PAPER decorations on the outside of stateroom doors NOT being allowed. If I remember it correctly, they (NCL) referred to fire hazard and also stated that the room stewards had been instructed to remove any paper decorations from doors in the hallways.

I love the Idea of the Vistaprint magnet. I had one of these made up for one of our first cruises, but could never find them again. May start doing this for our trips! Still have the one from years ago on our fridge for great memories. We also keep a dry erase board on for notes to/from family.

:o

The person who typed that is from UK and probably doesn't realize what that phrase means to those of us in US.

What do you mean you don't speak "BENNY HILL" !

Comedy AND SEX started on that side of the pond long ago !

Go ahead and decorate that cabin door or the interior - but PLEASE check with the cabin steward for ideas on how to

attach things to the doors walls ceiling balcony - after all he is the one that is going to clean up your mess if you don't !

Dees guys are talented in making those towel animals and may make your entrance more spectacular than ever !

Edited by don't-use-real-name

I was on The Norwegian Jewel last week (9-16 September). There was a notice in my cabin that stated that door decorations were NOT allowed and Housekeeping would remove any they found.

Did they define "door decorations"? On Princess they have labels with your names, you can remove them yourself, would NCL allow a simple name "decoration"?

I was on The Norwegian Jewel last week (9-16 September). There was a notice in my cabin that stated that door decorations were NOT allowed and Housekeeping would remove any they found.

Did they define "door decorations"? On Princess they have labels with your names, you can remove them yourself, would NCL allow a simple name "decoration"?

" Ship rules prohibit guests from posting signs, plaques or cards. Our staff has been instructed to remove these items if posted."

" Ship rules prohibit guests from posting signs, plaques or cards. Our staff has been instructed to remove these items if posted."

Interesting; on Princess the company puts birthday, wedding anniversary, balloons and other information on the outside of the doors!!