Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

Just because you can't do a dummy booking doesn't mean all flights are cancelled. As of 9:30est tonight they have not been canceled through the end of the month. I just got off the phone with SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have been cancelling day by day. no one is flying there today or tomorrow. It will keep going

They have been cancelling day by day. no one is flying there today or tomorrow. It will keep going

Exactly. But someone stated that SW had canceled through the end of the month already. Which at this point is not a true statement.

Exactly. But someone stated that SW had canceled through the end of the month already. Which at this point is not a true statement.

I just tried to book on Southwest to San Juan for next Saturday. I could not do it.

Interesting Maritime article about aid ships already sailed from Miami with containers full of dried goods and generators. They are positioned just outside the port of San Juan waiting for the Coast Guard to clear the port to open, possibly as early as this morning.

http://www.maritime-executive.com/article/aid-shipments-ready-for-port-of-san-juan-to-reopen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If Carnival has a ship nearby I wonder if Old San Juan has power?

No one has power in all of Puerto Rico unless it is by generator. The entire electrical grid needs to be rebuilt. It will take months. I am sure San Juan will be a top priority and maybe more like weeks instead of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If Carnival has a ship nearby I wonder if Old San Juan has power?

Carnival has supplies and is letting PR residents off (or whoever wants to get off), but then they are continuing on to I think FLL to dock on Tuesday.

The supplies are much needed, but I expect most pax won't get off the ship.

My Spanish is rusty, but it looks like the port is now open, with restrictions:

http://www.telemundopr.com/noticias/destacados/Reabren-el-Puerto-de-San-Juan-huracan-maria-aeropuerto-447121883.html?amp=y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But not mine!!!

The port of San Juan is opening Saturday for restrictive use. It's being used for humanitarian aid and supplies.

The airport is having issues with communications

MSN has an article on their web page about Puerto Rico and its electric grid. It was pretty interesting to read how little a bankrupt power company, and government, are unable to accomplish.

Overspending on jobs and pensions ... Detroit South ... just happy my last Puerto Rico muni matured in 2013 ... they paid.

Wow. What a mess!

Was running low on fuel. They still have curfew. They are trying to get in, however there are limitations.

I am ASSUMING, they are bringing locals back along with supplies and first responders. Then returning with ticketed stranded passengers.

They are not selling tickets, also they can not process international flights at this time.